• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Power Pymarid Zone (scr_PowerPymarid.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
My try at level designing. Scold me.
-------------------------------------------
Download (Version 3):

srb20008.png

Act one, by a GeorgeBush.
-------
srb20005.png

Act two, with the pymarid of doom.
-------
If you want more, do not hesitate to ask!
Disclaimer:
'Sonic the hedgehog' and 'Tails the fox' are not my legal property.
'Power Pymarid' is not a real place. Please do not ask your airline to fly you there.
The 'Crawla' belongs to Sonic Team Jr.
Look out for light sand in Act 2!
Act 2 is really hard unless you play on easy or you find the fire sheild.
Hope you enjoy!

this level reminds me of the pymind levels in sa2b...... ANYWAY,BACK ON TOPIC:i'll download it,and see whats right or wrong.

Erm, it's definately more scenic than most early maps, but that doesn't account for much. I really didn't like jumping on the 64-ish width ledges over the flames. Wider please?

And the other thing I didn't like was the springs. It was entirely possible to use a spring to skip the stupid pyramids entirely. Make your alternate routes of equal length, please?

That has been something on my to-do list for quite some time.
I will fix the tiny ledges now.
The red spring was meant to help you get to the red sheild ledge.
The yellow diagonal spring was to skip the hard, lower area. If someone makes a video of them going through the lowest level without getting hit, I will add a secret to the level and tell them about it.
Off to fix I go!
EDIT:
VERSION 2!

My attempt at joking at the terrible political system of America.
EDIT: Version three, with grass on the sides of the grassy place in act 1.

I am sorry for my double post, but noone has posted for over a day. I want some criticisim! But please do not be harsh.

Exuse me again, but noone exept myself has posted or looked for days. I would prefer some criticisim please. I hope to one day (Hopefully) Be as good as Mystic or SSN. I am sorry if this is against the rules (I read them alot but I'm forgetful).

Firstly, the lighting is quite blinding, especially in opengl when you factory in the torches. The flames generally look better in darker areas.

Second it is too small, I can hardly move without worrying about falling and having to redo the entire thing.

Thirdly, there is too much emphasis on climbing the pyramids. Which doesn't constitute much real gameplay. If you had balanced enough other platforming with it then it would be easier.

The levels were also too square, SP levels generally call for a longer and more detailed layout. A chain of squares usually isn't very fun.

To emphasize the over-cramped nature of the levels, I lost several lives at a relatively decent boss level because I kept getting stuck at corners and not having room to move. The boss itself even got stuck behind a wall after he went into his panic state.

Ah, some criticisim. Okay, here we go:
Lighting: A desert is meant to be baking hot, but I'll fix that just for my fellow players.
Cramped: Ah, this is something I have fixed but not uploaded yet. I'll do it later in the evening.
Square: How would you picture a desert then?
Cramped Boss: The boss fight. How much larger would you like it to be?
Cramped Boss (Part 2): The boss stuck in wall is moreso a STjr-blamed glitch in collision handling then my fault, but I will try my best to stop this from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back