Marathon IGT not stopping after the signpost and in menus

CST1229

back after too much time
Self-explanatory.
Even if you choose the in-game timer option in the marathon run menu, the clock keeps ticking while the signpost spins, only stopping at the tally screen, even though the level timer stops the moment you touch the goal.
The marathon timer also doesn't stop during the menus even while it is set to in-game.
(Also the MB says the gif(s) i recorded aren't valid image files for attachments, even though they are in the list and follow the rules....)

I discussed this with someone who could get me feedback from a SRB2 Speedrunning Discord server, and the IGT timer being paused on menu/gamepause would violate the requirement for runs to be single-segment. That part of it is not a bug, and will not be changed.

Not stopping after the signpost was something I tried but ultimately gave up on, and they're not particularly bothered because this time gain is consistent across all runs. Maybe it'll be changed at some point in the future, but not right now.

Being able to pause with the IGT kind of ruins the point of "Marathon" mode if you can stop whenever you want. Even still, if you want to do it with a break casually, you can use the live event option.

As far as sign post spinning, it's unfortunate, but it's not a loading screen or anything,. And it also isn't affected by points or sound effects, so it makes timing consistent still for everyone, which is the main goal of IGT.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back