How did you find out about SRB2?

A friend told me about the game about 5 years ago. Before that I was working on a fangame project called "Sonic Robo Rush" made in LittleBigPlanet 3 which had nothing to do with this game and I came up with the name myself, quite a coincidence that I sometimes laugh at today.

The first time I found out about srb2 was in 2018 when I was on YouTube and saw Projaredplays video on it. I thought looked cool, so I downloaded it and stopped playing when I got stuck at CEZ1 because I didn't follow the path. Then on December 12, 2019, I saw the reveal trailer for 2.2 and thought it looked cool.

For me, I saw Alpharad play it earlier this year. A few months later I had bought my laptop for game design stuff and thought, “Why not download SRB2?” I played through the game had some fun and set it to the side for a while. After a while, I joined the Discord and discovered the amazing modding community, which I’m now a part of

Back in I want to say around either September or earlier of 2019. My sister had mentioned something about a DooM mod that was sonic in DooM called Sonic Robo Blast 2. So I was thinking "two of my favorite series combined? YEEEESSSS!" so I looked it up. Played the latest version at the time which was 2.1. I got up to DSZ2 and just kinda felt let down, I expected something a lot better than what was out at the time. I almost lost interest but then 2.2 released. Holy cow. 2.2 made me squeal in excitement, it was everything I expected SRB2 to be when I first heard about it. I also got into modding it. Starting out with a really bad mod I eventually joined the OS and discovered the massive modding community. Of which I am apart of. So thank my sister for getting me into this. I have also hooked her on this game after showing her some of the mods for it lmao.

i joined srb2 in march of last year. back in the 2.1 days... all thanks to a garrulous 64 video, some trailers for models and i was hyped. downloaded it, had a robo blast.

Friends of mine who had played since FD to 2.1 introduced me in January. Took me a while to beat the vanilla campaign, and started modding shortly after with a horrible Mine Maze map.

I found out about SRB2 back in 2015. But I was not that much of a Sonic fan back then, and I only knew Sonic outside of Sm4sh, so I didn't really look that much into it until 2020 when the mobile port came out. When that came out, I was more of an experienced Sonic fan, and when that port came out I downloaded it and played it and I actually saw myself enjoying it.

Last edited:
In 2017, around 3 years ago, when I was exploring a website called "Gamejolt" to find a good fangame to play and, so, I found SRB2 2.1.14, but I didn't know that recent version was 2.1.17 and a Official Website of that game exists.

Some time in 2008 I think. I was just browsing Sonic gameplay videos on YouTube and ended up coming across this video:
Direct link if it doesn't work

Next thing I knew, I was binging SRB2 videos and downloading the game. (And I kinda miss Chaotic Darkness)

Hey there, new user here on the fourms. Hmm, I think when I first played this game, I was not even old enough to use the internet, and the game was still in it's Final Demo days. I was probably about 7, and my Dad worked as a computer and copier repairman, and had a lot of chances to access the internet and download stuff at his workplace to bring back home. Sure enough, one day he brought back a bunch of SRB2 versions, and I've been playing the game ever sense.

So in a way, I guess me and the game grew up with each other. I still even revisit some of these old versions from time to time for nostalgia reasons, playing the SRB2 Christmas version has kinda become a holiday tradition for me even. It's kinda impressive how far this little fangame has become after so many years even with a fluid development team that changed quite often at points. Now the game's pretty much at a point where I honestly think it's one of the best 3D Sonic games period.

I found it from my brother in 2.1. He introduced me to it and I found it a lot of fun! If anyone knew a player called "Cardboard_Box". That would be him.

Youtube

I found out about this game through antdude's sonic fan game video. I thought it looked cool and downloaded it on my chromebook.

I found SRB2 back in 2015. I searched "Sonic Fangames" from Google, and found a video that showcased many fangames, including Sonic Robo Blast 2. I downloaded, tested and loved it! (Not Techno Hill Zone. I hated the design.)

I heard of srb2 in some videos of Sonic Central and i said: wow that game looks very cool! i searched of it and found the page, i was surprised of the mobile port, i downloaded it and played for a while, i heard about the addons and i ended here.

In my opinion, it's one of the best games that i played :D

i renember i started playing it on 2018, just found it on youtube by a spanish youtuber called "SergindSegaSonic" and just downloaded it

I don't remember. I think I saw a video of 2.2's OST, and I then wanted to download the game, but waited. I think it was so I could see some gameplay, but I don't remember the reason for THAT either.

iirc i saw it somewhere on yt, and kinda forgor about it 💀, 2.1 era iirc, then i rediscovered it on yt again, 2.2 this time, and i finally got it (i was using mac at the time).

It was this video by Garrulous64
That made me interested srb2 however I did not have any intentions of playing it until one random day In march 2020 I thought about I'm my memory and decided to play the game 2.2 was out at the time but my mom's computer would not allow me to unzip 2.2 without admin permission so I was playing Srb2 2.1.24 for a month until I used WinRAR to unpack 2.2 I Lost Intrest In playing it because I had use copied saves and my computer at the time had trouble running the servers whenever they lagged. A month ago I decided to try the game out again and this time ended up beating it and Admired the level design and getting my friends interested in it too. Some part of me wished I founded out about the game sooner so I could be better.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back