Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming those rock textures are monitor static, I'd suggest having the texture scroll super fast so it looks less like rock and more like... well, static.

Actually, they already do exactly that! It's just impossible to tell from screenshots.

Asphyxiated Acropolis: A Castle Thing In Space! :D

Completion: No Where Near Done - 25-35%

...The second I saw that I thought "Midnight Abyss Zone Good Future" and I have no clue why, maybe it's how the room is shaped. o.o'

Either way, the level looks great, can't wait to play it!

I'll be entering race at least, and maybe one other division if I hurry.

Four days left. Three maps submitted. Who wants another Sept/Oct 2010?

Don't worry, I plan on entering match, race, 1p, and MAYBE CTF. Not sure about CTF though, seeing my 1p level is taking longer than I planned.

But for now, have a new screenshot of Chemical Facility:
srb20373.png

I will enter the ctf division. The map's almost done, I just have to make sure everything works^^. Of course some translucent fofs refused to appear on the screenshots.

Attachments

• srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 286
  • srb20006.jpg
    srb20006.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 319
  • srb20007.jpg
    srb20007.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 324
Trying to make my CTF map as pretty as I can before I submit it. :P
I'm also having problems with the center part of my map which contains some massive lag when you pass through it. Hopefully I can fix it without having to remove the tags and keeping it as good looking and playable as I possibly can.

Aaaaaand my map is in. With only a minute to spare. Whoo I did good this time, didn't I?

Now I can only hope nothing goes wrong with, because I didn't get to test it in a netgame.

ZarroTsu said:
...and Uninspired Name Zone is clearly a bad joke.

Well, it's not as much of it being a joke as it is being unintentionally broken due to a complete lack of testing on my part.

brb thinking of concepts for a new map in the next oldc that doesn't suck.

EDIT: Forgot to add match starts.

oops

Last edited:
So I'm doing something special for the next contest

I wasn't supposed to talk about it but I want to

INTRODUCING TO YOU:

Dark City Zone

iaza11735580594400.png

Attachments

• srb20025.png
    srb20025.png
    29 KB · Views: 303
  • srb20026.png
    srb20026.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Coming late 3012, KO.T.E presents....

Radiant Caverns Zone
Yes good sirs, Radiant Caverns returns to haunt you! But not in CTF this time, oh no, but in Single Player good sirs! The setting has changed a bit to make it more challenging than the CTF level, such as....

srb20400.png

Burning hot lava, and fire balls: You are in the depths of the earth, so lava is expected here.

srb20405.png

Red Crystals: Unlike in the CTF version, these crystals take away light!

srb20403.png

Blue Crystals: Just like in the CTF level, these things give off light showing the player things that are ahead.

I think ill enter into the (last) race division. I should hurry!
Also,a question,if the deadline of the contest is for exemple December 31st,will it be the November/December contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back