New Message Board Rules

Screenshot-2019-04-30-at-19.50.15.png

I mean...still? I get that you cant post edits of the file here cause it's not your content in the first place but a screenshot?

I may be wrong, but I think the idea is posting screenshots of unofficial ports. You may not be distributing the port of, say, SUGOI, but posting a screenshot is basically advertising "hey, pm me and i can send you this" - perhaps a mod/admin should clarify though.

This new set of rules gets to the point and aren’t vague like the previous set. I highly agree with them.

I have added further clarification to the rules -- Yes, you can post screenshots of content that doesn't belong to you, but you can't post screenshots of modifications of content that doesn't belong to you.

The intent here is to start treating modders like artists. You wouldn't like it if someone edited your artwork without your permission, would you?

That said, if you get permission to modify someone else's content, you can post all the screenshots of it you want.

I've never been a fan of rules banning a nebulously-defined "politics", because it usually results in any real-world issues on which the community has not reached a consensus being labelled as "political, therefore wrong to discuss", and then certain persons being declared 'political' by nature, and thus "pushing an agenda that is ruining the community!!1!1!".

Adding a strict age border to a forum like this is kind of silly. Do you really expect everyone to honestly tell their age especially after seeing a rule like that?

I've never been a fan of rules banning a nebulously-defined "politics", because it usually results in any real-world issues on which the community has not reached a consensus being labelled as "political, therefore wrong to discuss", and then certain persons being declared 'political' by nature, and thus "pushing an agenda that is ruining the community!!1!1!".
The thing is that this is a forum of a fan-game, more serious talks shouldn't be really made here (there are other forums and Social Networks) especially since many people here are pretty young.

Furthermore I think this rule is also made to prevent some "reactionary" individual from spewing their distasteful opinions about things (like the human right of marginalized and minority groups that deserve to live in a better way).

Like, I'm not really against politics being discussed in this community (god knows I've engaged in it myself), but past problematic users have also demonstrated how it can make things weird really quickly. Right now I feel like we have venues on discord that are more suited to that sort of discussion, which goes the same for discussion about life issues and the sort. If we really wanted that sort of stuff on the forums then at the very least we'd need to dedicate a space to it.

The intent here is to start treating modders like artists. You wouldn't like it if someone edited your artwork without your permission, would you?

I mean, it would be a problem, I agree, if they started posting that edit and claiming it as their own, the right to distribute it should be mine and of the people I give permission too.

If someone draws stuff onto my artwork without then distributing it as theirs, big deal?

And besides, a screenshot of say, an edit of a map? How'd that in any way hurt anyone? Really?

Is is actually quite common for forums (which do not cover political subjects) to ban political discussion. The reason is that there are tons of people (on all sides) who are very passionate about their views and will respond with a very negative tone if you disagree with them.

This is also why a lot of forums ban religious discussion as well, noting that in many real world cases you have politics and religion intersecting each other. The reality is that the internet tends to do a very good job at bringing out the worst in people, so the majority of sites (unfortunately) need to have that kind of rule in place.

Is is actually quite common for forums (which do not cover political subjects) to ban political discussion. The reason is that there are tons of people (on all sides) who are very passionate about their views and will respond with a very negative tone if you disagree with them.

This is also why a lot of forums ban religious discussion as well, noting that in many real world cases you have politics and religion intersecting each other. The reality is that the internet tends to do a very good job at bringing out the worst in people, so the majority of sites (unfortunately) need to have that kind of rule in place.
Yeah, anyway the rules are simple, any form of discrimination is forbidden here.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back