Mac or PC?

Dark Warrior said:
Mac should be illegal anyways.

Yeah, and Windows was started by a highschool dropout. Way to go? So much for, "If you graduate you will make better pay throughout your life than if you hadn't graduated at all".

I prefer XP, though I really don't have any actual experience operating a mac, so I'm not one to talk.

I found a free Windows emulator for mac. I was able to install it on my G4. I am testing it now.

Q
http://www.kju-app.org/kju/

Run Windows, Linux and a lot more Systems on your Mac. Q is a feature packed cocoa port of QEMU: Switch fast between guest PCs. Save and restart guest PCs at any stage. Easily exchange Files between Host and Guest. Q makes use of OS X most advanced technologies like openGL, quartz and coreaudio to accelerate your experience with your guest PC. Please remember: At the present state, QEMU is still considered ALPHA software.

Even though (IIRC) the PS3 and XBox 360, probably Wii, all use OpenGL. Probably wrong, though.

Dead wrong on one count, ree-c. I can't honestly imagine why you might think a Microsoft product would use OpenGL when they've got their own perfectly capable API developed in-house that they like to call DirectX.

I don't see how OpenGL isn't advanced. It's just as advanced as DirectX and a lot easier to use/learn.

Save what the government keeps stashed 20 miles underground where only top-level officials have access...And the military's stuff.

If there were better public things available, we'd all know about it. So, no, there really isn't.

Oh my goodness! I'm at an apple store in New York and I'm trying out an apple computer, and it's awesome, I simply must switch to a mac!

Chao Freak 1 said:
You should switch!
Chao Freak 1 said:
Only problem is that they can't run .exe files.

Those two statements cannot coexist peacefully in your argument.

Besides, the only people that I see gung-ho about switching to Mac are those that were brainwashed by Apple Computer's sugar-coated lies. Okay, maybe that's not entirely true, but I don't get why anyone would want to sacrifice program compatibility just to switch operating systems. I mean, the reason you have an operating system is to organize your files and launch programs, right?

FoxBlitzz said:
Chao Freak 1 said:
You should switch!
Chao Freak 1 said:
Only problem is that they can't run .exe files.

Those two statements cannot coexist peacefully in your argument.

Besides, the only people that I see gung-ho about switching to Mac are those that were brainwashed by Apple Computer's sugar-coated lies. Okay, maybe that's not entirely true, but I don't get why anyone would want to sacrifice program compatibility just to switch operating systems. I mean, the reason you have an operating system is to organize your files and launch programs, right?

Mac OS X Boot Camp, run XP or Vista on Macs, if I can run Xp on my mac and share files between the two OS's I can keep all my favorite exe's and use them without having to use two computers.

Sugar-coated lies? I think not, every windows user has come across confusing error messages, freezes, and crashes, pretty much during typical use.

If you get a virus on a PC, that's typical.

If you get a virus on your mac it's big news.

But what about pure power? For those of you who upgraded from Xp to Vista, I'm sure you had to upgrade your hardware and most of you probably say that Macs are weak and lacking in power, but Macs don't need as much power because they take up far less resources than resource hungry Vista.

And as for user interface, I prefer a visually pleasing one that makes my time on a computer enjoyable and fun.

DashFox2007 said:
But what about pure power? For those of you who upgraded from Xp to Vista, I'm sure you had to upgrade your hardware and most of you probably say that Macs are weak and lacking in power, but Macs don't need as much power because they take up far less resources than resource hungry Vista.
You can get a whole lot more power for a whole lot less money by buying/building a PC. As far as resource hungry, Vista only requires a gig of RAM and a video card made within the past 5 years. It's really not that much to ask.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back