Fixed [Mild spoiler] can prevent jumps

Warning: Mild spoiler ahead. It's not about something that didn't exist in 2.1, though.
It's a pretty mild spoiler, but make sure that you've collected all 7 Chaos Emeralds as Sonic (or Sonic & Tails) before viewing it.
Super Sonic can float by jumping and then holding the Spin key in the air while having a little horizontal velocity. This is just like in 2.1, and earlier too.

But, in 2.2.0, I experience that if I hold Spin and float, then land while still floating (e.g. by hovering into an upwards slope), the next time that I try to jump, Super Sonic will curl up into a jump ball for one tic and play a jump sound, but be un-curled and grounded again the next tic, not actually jumping.

I don't recall whether this happens when float-landing only without Thokking, only after Thokking, or if Thokking is irrelevant; If you can't reproduce the issue while not Thokking, try to Thok the next time.

Also, for best reproduction, try to float-land on an upwards slope, run up the slope, then jump while on the same sector without having fallen off anything first. I don't know if that's relevant either, but it probably is.
Environment: SRB2 v2.2.0 (32-bit), on a 64-bit Windows 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back