Fixed First player camera sees what the second player sees. Potential camera reset bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
Playing around in two player mode reveals some interesting camera oddities. This is hardly ever noticable, however it may impact gameplay to a degree, which is why I brought this to attention.

With what I can gather, this oddity happens when the player goes out of the camera's view, the camera gets stuck, and the camera attempts to reset its view to find the player when in a third person view.

Some common examples of this can be viewed in some areas of Greenflower Zone, act 1.

Reproducing the glitch:
This ledge that Tails walks off
srb20071.png
Results in the following:
srb20073.png

So what happens exactly?
Tails walks off the ledge.
The camera gets stuck on the floor while following Tails.
The camera attempts to reset its view to regain a third person sight of the player.
The camera fails to do so and keeps getting obstructed by the floor, in this case, it SHOULD render this player in a pseudo first person view.
However because of the lack of check for separate first player/second player camera views (Within the code I presume), the first player seems to experience what the second player should only experience.

This is more challenging to reproduce.
Just walk alongside this wall that is toward the right, in my view
srb20070.png

I could be wrong with what I say, but I'm just retelling from experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh both views were made in a different way for EX:If your playing a game one player has control of the camera in a one person screen.

I have a simialr problem i hate when something like a crusher best example is in the sonic area in eggrock zone 1.In that part when the red crushers go down the camera gets stuck in them for awhile and may and most likely make you crash in a wall and die.

maybe

I just fixed this bug, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

maybe you have fixed it but i still have the bug in version 2.0.6
maybe the bug fix need to installed beside the normal srb2?

can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back