GIF recordings cut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drflash55

Lurking More
I've been noticing that when I record gifs, they all seem to cut off around 56 seconds and start from the beginning. It's been happening a lot and I don't seem to know anyway around this. It's also pretty annoying because I can't record gifs longer then a minute or it will stop automatically, without me pressing F9 or saying the command "stopmovie".
Can anyone help me with this?

You're not supposed to record GIFs that long anyway. Use video capture software for stuff like that. GIFs are meant for short things (ideally <15 seconds).

You're not supposed to record GIFs that long anyway. Use video capture software for stuff like that. GIFs are meant for short things (ideally <15 seconds).

Pretty much that.

A GIF for SRB2 is sort of meant to be a small showcase, something easy and embeds well in the forum. To say that you're recording something for too long is already a lost cause when you say you're doing it for 56 seconds. I don't see any reason to record past 10 seconds, though that's me personally.

Also doesn't help that I record with APNG since I play at 720p, then just convert it back to GIF, so even 5 seconds for me is a large file. This one right here is over 30mb!

I don't suppose the 56 second limit was intended, but I would hope it becomes one, and gets even lower, maybe to 30 seconds. GIFs are a bane for filesize, and the only advantage is they're instant transmission for showing SRB2 content without wasting a whole flash player and Youtube space for it.

Last edited:
GIFs are designed for short clips, not minute long scenes.

Also which version are you using? Versions prior to 2.1.8 had a bug in the GIF output code which caused bad output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back