Sonic Robo Blast 2 support in Player Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Hi there SRB2 Community, my name is Zero, and I'm one of the main developers for Player Connector (www.playerconnector.com) Some of you may remember me from Doom Connector, maybe even from SkullTag Online. Doom Connector had support for SRB2, meaning you could set up, host, and/or join SRB2 games with it, adding custom wads and configuring server settings with ease. Unfortunately, Doom Connector went down quite some time ago. PC (Player Connector) has (in a sense) taken it's place. Player Connector aims to support, no longer solely doom, but everything. I just fixed our Sonic Robo Blast 2 Support to work with the current version of SRB2 out. I'd like to extend an invitation to the SRB2 Community as a whole to come and play SRB2, as well as other games if you like, on Player Connector with us. Hope to see you there :)

PS: I'm not enough of a regular around the SRB2 community to know who the head developers of SRB2 are and such. I'd like to chat with the development team sometime to see if we could get Master Server Support in Player Connector.

The master server has pretty much eliminated any need for another method of setting up netgames. In fact, at times it can be a tad TOO successful. If there aren't any games up, we just use IRC. I see no reason to split up the netgames onto multiple access methods.

I think it would be cool if Player Connector supported it, though.

Mystic said:
The master server has pretty much eliminated any need for another method of setting up netgames. In fact, at times it can be a tad TOO successful. If there aren't any games up, we just use IRC. I see no reason to split up the netgames onto multiple access methods.

PC isn't trying to compete with any other launchers. We'd just like to build a gaming service where people can come and game, or chat, or send files, or draw, or do whatever. We just think having the master servers would make it a better experience. But we're not trying to steal your people, by any means. We're not a Doom or Sonic community, so you'll keep everyone from your community.

Uh dude, I REALLY don't like the idea of a secondary server. I have enough hassle in MMORPGs trying to figure out which of the 200 servers my friends are on. It's a helluva lot easier to just have one server in my opinion.

I don't think you guys realize what he wants to do.

If I'm reading it right, he wants Player Connector to be able to communicate with OUR master server, and post/join netgames.

If AJ is saying what he means, then that would be great. I'm sorry, I'm just remembering all the moronic Hamachi and/or whatever other program people keep coming up with for making lives harder.

Mystic said:
If AJ is saying what he means, then that would be great. I'm sorry, I'm just remembering all the moronic Hamachi and/or whatever other program people keep coming up with for making lives harder.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Trust me, it's not one of those annoying ones.

Logan_GBA said:
Well, the mastserver server hasn't been change much, I left the in-game way of talking to the master server the same way Doom Legacy has done it, or you use RSS 1.0, sample code be seen at http://lawarias.game-server.cc:81/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/SRB2109/tools/PHP/RSS1.0.php?view=markup
in action, http://srb2.servegame.org/RSS1.0.php
I use the RSS code with my IRC bot

I'll take a look at that and begin working on it. Thanks!

So you're saying that PC allows people to host games, yet even non-PC users can join them? That's just what this community needs! I myself can host quite fine. I know how to open the ports and everything, it's just that there are a few people here that are unable to do it.

FoxBlitzz said:
So you're saying that PC allows people to host games, yet even non-PC users can join them? That's just what this community needs! I myself can host quite fine. I know how to open the ports and everything, it's just that there are a few people here that are unable to do it.
www.hamachi.cc

Tell me if I'm correct: This is supposed to create a little client for people to IM each other, send files and join netgames on the fly that are on the Master Server without having to deal with any settings or such you would normally have to do joining a server.

IRC already does all this, aside from being an SRB2 launcher.

Regardless though, I would love to try that out. :D

JJames19119 said:
Tell me if I'm correct: This is supposed to create a little client for people to IM each other, send files and join netgames on the fly that are on the Master Server without having to deal with any settings or such you would normally have to do joining a server.

It's not supposed to create one, it IS one. It has file sending, offline messages, user IDs and passwords, rooms you can create and moderate, auto-afk, file transfers, join/host many different types of games, and much, much, more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back