Sonic adventure DX emblem help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help with collecting emblems, I only have six more to collect, then I've finished the game. Whats Metal Sonic like?

The ones i need help with are.

Sonic:
Sky Deck
Lost world
Final Egg

Big:
Twinkle Park
Emerald coast

Gamma:
Hot shelter

Amy, Tails and Knuckles were easy.

Phazon Sonic said:
Sonic:
Sky Deck
Lost world
Final Egg
Just go. Don't stop for anything. Spindash where possible, if you slow down, come out of it, and spin again. Honestly though, I think that these are some of Sonic's easier levels. EC had the hardest time to beat ^_^

Phazon Sonic said:
Big:
Twinkle Park
Emerald coast
Not much help there.
Just keep fishing until you get that lucky 2000g fish.

Phazon Sonic said:
Gamma:
Hot shelter
Shoot everything in sight.
Try to keep an eye out for groups of enemies. Don't forget that multiple targets gives you a better time bonus.

Phazon Sonic said:
What's Metal Sonic like?
Find out for yourself. Earn him ;)

phazon sonic said:
Whats Metal Sonic like?
I haven't gotten to him yet cuz I suck, but heres a picture xD:
heroes_34.jpg

Took me quite a while to get him, but he's basically Sonic with a little better speed and worse deceleration and handling, like in SA2B. He can also drown. :roll:

x_x That reminds me that I only have, like, 2 emblems left and 1 mission in mission mode (Jump over the !@#ing line of rings on the ski slope!!1! <-- No matter how many times I fly over the !@#ing line of rings, as well as the exit, it won't count it as complete...) and stuff... ... ... Dunno which ones, though.

It took me a while to get all the emblems. Personally, Metal Sonic's not that great, so he's not worth it.

However, Tails Adventure sure as hell is.

For Big's levels, make sure you have all the lures, and go after sharks, or robot fish if there are no sharks, and be careful with your fishing. Tap the B-button, and if you're getting close to the line snapping, then let go. Use the control stick to move the fish more in line with you. When it gets to about four meters away, you can afford to use the A-button.

Sonic's levels are easy. Spindash, and learn the shortcuts. For Sky Deck, in act 1, take both the shortcut at the beginning that has you homing attacking the spinners, and the one a little later with the hook. In Act 2, just go straight for the end, don't bother getting the goodies. For Lost World, use the shortcut near the end of Act 2. If you don't know it, fiddle with the lit up panels. There's only three arrangements, and you'll easily find the one that goes the fastest. For Final Egg, not much help there. Just streamline your route, going as fast as possible, and don't stop for anything, except for a run if you're out.

Gamma's level is pretty hard, but it's much the same story as Sonic: Go as fast as possible, and if it looks like there's a lot of enemies, hold B and rotate the control stick around for a while until you've targetted them all, and the fire. Honestly, this was one of the harder ones to get.

As far as Big goes, you'll have an easier time grabbing a fish's attention if you slowly and periodically tab the B button to drag the lure through the water. When a fish bites down on the lure, hold down on the thumbstick to secure the connection. The bigger fish will always try to swim away in the opposite direction the moment you catch them, and they can go up to 30 meters away if you let them, so try to position the fish between you and a wall.

I can't explain how to lure the fish in; generally, I hold down the A button until the very last second. More often than not, you'll reach a point where the lure meter tenses up (Or technically, loosens) and freezes in place, where you can easily reel the fish in about 2 or 3 meters before it starts to flip out. Also, if you rotate the thumbstick left and right, you might confuse the fish, which gives you an excellent opportunity to lock the meter with the A button, as I just mentioned a second ago.

Also, if you press the L and R buttons simultaneously, you'll automatically bring the lure back in, which is useful if you managed to catch the attention of an unwanted fish. Which brings up another point I forgot to mention; if a fish is swims towards you lure and suddenly loses interest, it means that another fish is closing in (I think this only happens if Froggy is homing in on your lure, can't remember).

Oh, and if all of the ponds in the level are devoid of any interesting fish, try to get Froggy to bite your lure. Don't activate the "Hit!" mode, just get him to bite it. The second he does, hit the L and R buttons to yank the lure out of his mouth. If you did it properly, the music should skip momentarilly. This indicates that all of the water nodes in the stage have been 'refreshed'. That is, all of the ponds now have different fish, so look around for something huge.

One last thing; the weight of a fish is generally indicated not by it's width, but it's height. Swim right next to a fish and try to compare it's height to Big's stomach; if it's about the same size, then there's a good chance that it's at least over 1500 pounds.

Thanks for the help, but Lost world is mission impossible. I completed all of the missions, I wanted all the emblems so i could play as metal and play sonic blast, since i have gems, I can play Tails adventrues. I think I will finish off big's emblems first.

Lost World is hard if you're not using the super secret shortcut that only I know about. It's pretty hard to explain... You know that last area? The place where Knuckle's stage begins? Well, when you enter the area, there should be a set of tiles in front of you. Ignore them and turn right (Could be left, can't remember), and arrange the tiles so that they point straight up. Run up these tiles.

You should see the area with the button that activates the trail of rings which leads to the end of the level. While standing on the horizontal path, spindash. If done right, you should land on the platform with the switch, shaving about a minute off of the timer.

And yes, I totally butchered that explanation. Too bad, I haven't played the game in months.

Super Sonic 2005 said:
Uhh, that only you knew about?
I found it the first time I played there as Sonic.
Naaah, you just think you did. It's okay, I completely understand. I'll stab you, I swear.

Now, when you say "water area", I assume that you mean the area with the snake. If this is the case, then yes, that area is chock full of shortcuts. You'll need to be a bit creative, as I can't really explain, but I remember that shortly after hitting either the first or second door switch (Or possibly one of the water switches, dunno), you'll have a chance to spindash + jump to one of the other switches. I think it was red.

Aside from that one switch, you can save a lot of time by spindashing along the snake at certain intervals. Pay attention, and you'll (hopefully) see what I mean.

Ok that helps. Now I have completed the game and aswered my own question, you play as metal in all of sonic's stages in trail mode. he is way cooler than sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back