Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSX said:
Code:
OnEvent(LoadMap)
Return(CheckProgress(Clear,MAPAZ),BoolNum)
If(ReturnValue,1)
MapEvent(LinedefTrigger,132)
Else()
That's a better idea than mine. It's more original then taking ACS out of Hexen/ZDoom.

light the elementa said:
Possibly a new running sprite, and maybe some levels being 2D.

EDIT: By running, I mean like the SA/SA2 Model Edit Run in Characters, and by that I mean will that type of run be used in 1.1?

I don't think that's a good idea, let alone going to be used. Remember this is supposed to be a game based on the Classic Sonic games, where Sonic had his traditional running with his legs spinning in circles, which Sonic has in SRB2. I'd prefer the running frames as they are now rather than the sort of running Sonic has in SA/SA2...

As for the 2D level idea, I'm sure the Mario Koopa Blast Zones will be in 1.1. Plus, have you seen the 1.1 Preview video? This demonstrates the new feature that allows you to switch from 3D to 2D, and back again...

But I doubt there will be many new levels that will be 2D all the way through, if any at all...

In the beta of the new srb2, i liked the new start game thing where you had to chose a save and a character but if you load a save which has been completed could you put the level select there so you can choose a level after loading the completed save?

I'll Begin said:
SSNTails said:
PLAYc0 - Monitor sprite with your character's face on it
PLAYd0 - Monitor sprite with 'static'
PLAYe0 - 1up Icon (16x14) of your character's face (basically what's showing on the monitor in PLAYc0)
PLAYf0 - Level end sign with your character's face on it
Do the same for spin trails. So many wads have had custom spin trails lately.

I didn't know that many WADs had custom spin trails...

But I agree with I'll Begin that this idea should be used...

I'll Begin said:
SSNTails said:
PLAYc0 - Monitor sprite with your character's face on it
PLAYd0 - Monitor sprite with 'static'
PLAYe0 - 1up Icon (16x14) of your character's face (basically what's showing on the monitor in PLAYc0)
PLAYf0 - Level end sign with your character's face on it
Do the same for spin trails. So many wads have had custom spin trails lately.

Um, there's like. three, in my knowledge.

There's something that's really been worrying me about 1.1. Is it going to be backwards compatible with all the level and character wads for the current version?

No. The linedef types and other stuff will be changed. I believe the information is on the Wiki. (However, the srb2.org server is down for maintenance atm and should be up soon.)

Sonict said:
No. The linedef types and other stuff will be changed. I believe the information is on the Wiki.

The new typings aren't listed, for a few good reasons:

#1) I have no list of new types. I have a config, but let's refer to reason #2.
#2) My understanding is that the numbers will change around a bit before some final decision is made on them. I'd rather not have to check up on changing numbering
#3) Given that a lot of stuff listed on the Wiki isn't even going to be in 1.1, it'd be far, far better to just make individual 1.1 pages on known types, as opposed to putting useless "This is not going to be in 1.1" lines on the pages.

Xtreme Starfox said:
How about making it so when somebody looks down on an other charcter He/She is not paper thin.
Sonicandtails218 said:
Which is why I think having multiple flags and bases would be brilliant.
Segmint said:
Why can't SRB2 have 65536 colors instead of 255 for the palette? It would make everything so much easier (along the lines of sprites, textures, etc., and fitting them in the palette). People could make richer versions of what I stated within the parenthesis...

Are you guys sure that you want 1.1 within five years?

I certainly wouldn't want to wait 5 years for 1.1...

_Manic_ said:
I dunno if this was suggested, but I think it should be put in.
When using first person, if you aim the crosshair at someone, it should show their name above it, or if you're in first person, the name would be above their head.

I'll add an idea to that: Make it optional to turn it off if you don't want it.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
This would REALLY frustrate noobs:

For the official Match and CTF levels, place the Player 1 Start in a remote Sector Type 974 tagged to Linedef Type 125 with a linedef length of 314.
This would eliminate tag. Tag mode starts the tagger at the Player 1 start.

For the official Match and CTF levels, place the Player 1 Start in a remote Sector Type 974 tagged to Linedef Type 125 with a linedef length of 314.

I think instead, there should be a 1 Player start in an end sector, and use a custom exit to reroute them to an invalid map, causing SRB2 to crash.

Sky Ninja said:

Tag fails and should be scrapped from SRB2. I've rarely actually even FOUND a tag netgame, kthxbai.

Ice said:
Place the Player 1 Start in a remote Sector Type 974 tagged to Linedef Type 125 with a linedef length of 314.

What's that do?

It immediately will SIGSEGV the player who steps into that sector.

Tag fails and should be scrapped from SRB2. I've rarely actually even FOUND a tag netgame, kthxbai.
Well, That's your opinion. I however like tag, as well as a lot of people I know.
Simsmagic said:
I think instead, there should be a 1 Player start in an end sector, and use a custom exit to reroute them to an invalid map, causing SRB2 to crash.
I think this would be a way better idea. The game would still crash in single player, but tag would still be working.
EDIT:
Ground The Fox said:
For SRB2, how about more purple palletes and in some stages hidden places that just knuckles can go like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles?
The palette has already been done. I think there was something about the character specific areas of levels already.

Slurgly said:
I don't know if this has been said...but maybe you could put new characters in, like Shadow or something.

The last thing I want in this game would be to have to get hundreds of emblems just to get an unlockable for collecting them all. Bad idea. I'm sure it was mentioned earlier that that's not going to happen, and it has been said before, just to let you know.

Sky Ninja said:

I praise any one who understand that, because I sure as hell didnt O_O

Place player 1 start in the... on the... with a what of... huh, what now?!

Blade the Vampire, we already have pulsating, flickering, and switching lights. Just use the proper linedef types. (I don't like using the sector-based effects for the dynamic lighting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back