This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Keimei711

Ok I managed to compile my two freedom planet maps in to one cup pack. I will update afew of the tracks when I can but this has two new tracks that I have not released yet Final dreadnought, and Jade Creek. If you find anything that I should look in to Please feel free to message me about it. I can consider it in the next update. Please enjoy and if you find any errors or things that I over looked though the testing phase feel free to message me about it so I can make a list on what to repair. Thank you

also extra thanks to Fayt for teachings and ChaoBrother for lasers for dreadnought funtions.Extra thanks also to Plom for assistance and permission to use some textures for Dragon Valley.

Tracks included are

Dragon Valley + Encore mode
Sky battalion + Encore Mode
Jade Creek
Final Dreadnought

Fix- File size has be fixed to be smaller and Dragon Valley got a overhaul.

1.5 fix- Dragon valley got revamped and mini map fix

1.5.1 hotfix - animation def messed up is fixed

1.5.2 update - (minor) Added NSR Vs Sayu sprint track

Future updates - fixing dreadnaught, jade creek, and sky battalion
- Updating and combining old tracks to this pack.

update file - Freedom Cup 1.5.2

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• kart0027.gif
    kart0027.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,628
  • kart0020.gif
    kart0020.gif
    660.4 KB · Views: 3,554
  • kart0007.png
    kart0007.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 872
  • kart0006.png
    kart0006.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 889
  • KR_Freedom_Cup-v1.5.1.pk3
    12.6 MB · Views: 1,206
Last edited:
Honestly this pack is fun to play I like how in Jade Creek the atmosphere changes to the next phase just like in the original. Not only that I like that you added Brevon's voice clips on Final Dreadnought. Every thing seems fine when I did a playthrough of it. The one thing that I noticed that you forgot to add the MUSICDEF description for Final Dreadnought.

This map pack has a huge file size for four tracks. I understand that it has multiple tracks - but you can probably shorten or compress them so that the pack occupies a good third or less of its actual size. Many more servers will choose to host it, I bet, if you can fix the size problem! (For a reference, Kart Mania has 20 maps [Counting Hell Maps] and yet it is only 21MB big!)

I bet this entire problem comes from the music itself... I bet that this is the only thing you gotta look at!

This map pack has a huge file size for four tracks. I understand that it has multiple tracks - but you can probably shorten or compress them so that the pack occupies a good third or less of its actual size. Many more servers will choose to host it, I bet, if you can fix the size problem! (For a reference, Kart Mania has 20 maps [Counting Hell Maps] and yet it is only 21MB big!)

I bet this entire problem comes from the music itself... I bet that this is the only thing you gotta look at!
How do i compress it? any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Honestly this pack is fun to play I like how in Jade Creek the atmosphere changes to the next phase just like in the original. Not only that I like that you added Brevon's voice clips on Final Dreadnought. Every thing seems fine when I did a playthrough of it. The one thing that I noticed that you forgot to add the MUSICDEF description for Final Dreadnought.
Thank you and did i miss dreadnoughts musicdef? I will double check that. Thank you for letting me know.

How do i compress it? any suggestions?

When saving your .ogg (and try using .ogg always over .mp3), make sure that you save it with 0 quality (using the slider you will see when you export your music file from Audacity or other places) - it compresses the music a lot without the need to use any online stuff!

When saving your .ogg (and try using .ogg always over .mp3), make sure that you save it with 0 quality (using the slider you will see when you export your music file from Audacity or other places) - it compresses the music a lot without the need to use any online stuff!
Thanks i will get to work on that.

Fixed the file size and did alittle extra in the pack will keep working on things as more things are brought to my attention.

Hey, I hope I'm not too late to give you some feedback.

I just wanted to say that as a massive Freedom Planet fan I absolutely love these levels. I think you've done an amazing job at nailing the atmosphere on these tracks to mimic those in-game. I especially love the use of Brevons voice in Final Dreadnought and the use of the turrets as well.

Overall it's easy to see that you put a lot of effort and time into these tracks and it shows, Love them to death.

My ONLY issue is with the lighting in Jade Creek. Its a beautiful level but it's very dark. Like, maybe one of the darkest tracks I've ever seen. It's very hard to see the track and the walls on this stage. I do like how the weather changes in later laps, I thought that as really awesome. But aside from the lighting issue its still a very good track.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into making them!

Hey, I hope I'm not too late to give you some feedback.

I just wanted to say that as a massive Freedom Planet fan I absolutely love these levels. I think you've done an amazing job at nailing the atmosphere on these tracks to mimic those in-game. I especially love the use of Brevons voice in Final Dreadnought and the use of the turrets as well.

Overall it's easy to see that you put a lot of effort and time into these tracks and it shows, Love them to death.

My ONLY issue is with the lighting in Jade Creek. Its a beautiful level but it's very dark. Like, maybe one of the darkest tracks I've ever seen. It's very hard to see the track and the walls on this stage. I do like how the weather changes in later laps, I thought that as really awesome. But aside from the lighting issue its still a very good track.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into making them!
Thank you for your feed back I will take this in consideration when I update jade creek.

Hey, I'm a big fan of a lot of how your tracks look and feel, but I've had some issues come up with every one of them which makes them a bit rough for multiplayer and I hope you could address them when you update the pack.

Jade Creek - This track is far too dark; there are stretches when you go underwater near the start where it is almost impossible to see the track, which makes racing here very difficult. If you can fix the lighting, this will be a good one.

Final Dreadnought - I was initially rather in love with this track; it's very easy to drive and the music and voice clips make for a really engaging atmosphere! Unfortunately, the way the teleporters center you after every segment means whoever is in the lead can easily make almost unavoidable traps with bananas and fake item blocks. I've never played another track which is so heavily balanced in favour of whomever is in the lead, to the point that it can become quite uncompetitive unless whomever is chasing lucks into several invulnerabilities in a row. If you could make the teleporters release you relative to your own point of entry, this would become one of my favourite tracks.

Sky Battalion - Something is borked with how the map keeps track of who is in the lead here, which messes heavily with item balance. I've seen people who were in first get rocket shoes because the map thought they were in third, and that's not acceptable. It's a shame, too, because the track is really fun.

Dragon Valley - I only have really minor complaints here. Dragon Valley is a lovely track, easy and fun to drive with a lovely visual aesthetic and fantastic music. Only complaint I have is that it's a tad long: if this were a 2-lapper, I would like it a lot more.

Hopefully what I've written here will be useful to you, and I look forward to seeing what you do next!

Hey, I'm a big fan of a lot of how your tracks look and feel, but I've had some issues come up with every one of them which makes them a bit rough for multiplayer and I hope you could address them when you update the pack.

Jade Creek - This track is far too dark; there are stretches when you go underwater near the start where it is almost impossible to see the track, which makes racing here very difficult. If you can fix the lighting, this will be a good one.

Final Dreadnought - I was initially rather in love with this track; it's very easy to drive and the music and voice clips make for a really engaging atmosphere! Unfortunately, the way the teleporters center you after every segment means whoever is in the lead can easily make almost unavoidable traps with bananas and fake item blocks. I've never played another track which is so heavily balanced in favour of whomever is in the lead, to the point that it can become quite uncompetitive unless whomever is chasing lucks into several invulnerabilities in a row. If you could make the teleporters release you relative to your own point of entry, this would become one of my favourite tracks.

Sky Battalion - Something is borked with how the map keeps track of who is in the lead here, which messes heavily with item balance. I've seen people who were in first get rocket shoes because the map thought they were in third, and that's not acceptable. It's a shame, too, because the track is really fun.

Dragon Valley - I only have really minor complaints here. Dragon Valley is a lovely track, easy and fun to drive with a lovely visual aesthetic and fantastic music. Only complaint I have is that it's a tad long: if this were a 2-lapper, I would like it a lot more.

Hopefully what I've written here will be useful to you, and I look forward to seeing what you do next!
hey sorry its been a while dreadnaught sky battalion and jade creek are getting afew fixes and rework when i can thank you for the feed back sorry for the delay. I did release a new track in the update if you wish to play that one and tell me what you think of it.
Post automatically merged:

The musicdef issue should be fix. going to handle some extra fixes in the future thank you for letting me know sorry on the delays

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back