Tunes 20 crashing in MIDI

Bluelight343

Amelia 🏳️‍⚧️
There is a problem within midi music. If you type "tunes 20" in console while midi is turned on game crashes. Maybe the midi is corrupted or something. I haven't checked.

It's your PC's problem, I guess.

I have no clue why that happened. I tried it, but the game didn't crash. Instead, it was playing the midi, but I didn't heard anything. Where did you typed the command: at the title screen or during the game?

Weird. When I played it, i heard some creepy background ambience. Is tunes 20 cursed?

Not really, that's what it's supposed to play. It was supposed to be implemented as sort of a space variant of the drowning theme for when you're running out of air in space, but it got cut at some point durring development leaving just the song behind.

The OGG version is the unused space countdown, while the MIDI version seems to be an invalid file altogether, as I don't think MIDIs should be just 97 bytes large.

Perhaps, but in a future version if it still exists, could it be made into something? A few people like to use this track for various reasons and silence isn't great for ambience.

We should honestly drop MIDI support altogether. It's buggy and you can't change the soundfont so you're stuck with Microsoft's awful instruments.

Wasn't there someone that worked on a midi implementation that allowed for soundfont usage and different sound cards and fixed the volume issues? Am I going crazy? Either way, I don't know if Midi should be removed honestly because it's one of the few file types that still supports tempo changes in SDL2.

Wasn't there someone that worked on a midi implementation that allowed for soundfont usage and different sound cards and fixed the volume issues? Am I going crazy? -
I definitely remember that, too. If I recall correctly, it was confirmed for 2.2... but I could very well be recalling it incorrectly, keep that in mind.
(But I definitely remember a Sonic Robo Blast 2 developer having said "I/we just fixed Midi support" at some point in... 2018? 2017? Edit: And that was in direct response to me(?) asking about if Midi sequences of SRB2 v2.2's music would still be released if SRB2 v2.2 was dropping Midi support, I think.)

Not really, that's what it's supposed to play. It was supposed to be implemented as sort of a space variant of the drowning theme for when you're running out of air in space, but it got cut at some point durring development leaving just the song behind.

It was supposed to work much like how it does in MDK2. You'd hear it even if you had a bubble shield on.

We should honestly drop MIDI support altogether. It's buggy and you can't change the soundfont so you're stuck with Microsoft's awful instruments.

VirtualMIDISynth changes the soundfont I disagree

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I have no clue why that happened. I tried it, but the game didn't crash. Instead, it was playing the midi, but I didn't heard anything. Where did you typed the command: at the title screen or during the game?

In-Game so idk what happened

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back