About the remake of Sonic Robo Blast 1

Icarus

Phantasy Savior
It used to be an unlockable bonus from the 2.0 but got removed in the 2.2 (probably because it was too blocky or unfinished for this update).

Apparently it can be added back as a separate map pack (basically as a mod) but I've seen that someone called Davezerolite onTwitterwas working on a fully-fledged remake (that looks gorgeous by the way).

Would it be either a mod, a separate fangame (like SRB2 Kart) or as a part of an eventual 2.3 update as an unlockable?

I would love to experience an improved version of the origin of SRB2 honestly!

Personally. I think it deserves to be its own mod rather than a vanilla unlock to SRB2.

Its got alot more content too, its almost comparable to a SUGOI pack interms of content with its current direction.

I've never played the original, but SRB2 has such a "complete" feel to it (despite not even being done!); I think adding features such as this game would be unnecessary bloat to a very full feeling game. Maybe just keep it as a download on the main website for preservation purposes?

I agree with you both, SRB1 Remake should be a separate mod but I would even think that it should be its own game (using the same engine) like SRB2 Kart.

I don't see how making it a source code mod is going to bring much benefit to it, If it works fine within base vanilla capabilities then that should be enough to be honest.

I don't see how making it a source code mod is going to bring much benefit to it, If it works fine within base vanilla capabilities then that should be enough to be honest.

I further agree with this as a whole source code mod really isn't necessary for the kind of game that it wants to be.

Even then, SRB2 has lua capabilities that allow people to do all kinds of crazy stuff without needing to do a source edit at all.

I further agree with this as a whole source code mod really isn't necessary for the kind of game that it wants to be.

Even then, SRB2 has lua capabilities that allow people to do all kinds of crazy stuff without needing to do a source edit at all.
Oh, you're right, doesn't need to be a source code mod.

Anyway an unfinished (or even cancelled) WIP of SRB1 remake posted by Davezerolite right now. Sad that this project is unfinished but this is still already great. I hope this will inspire somebody into making an entirely 2.5D mod of SRB2.

Anyway I hope that the 2.1 SRB1 remake will get ported to the 2.2

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back