Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Frostiikin

recovering elseif abuser
Judge
Egg Reverie Super Sonic
attachment.php

One of my favorite mods for Sonic Mania is the mod which allows you to use Egg Reverie SuperSonic's abilities anywhere in the game, so I thought i'd make a SRB2 version of that. Here's a lil' description of what he can do.

Free Flight

attachment.php

Press jump while midair to start floating. While floating, you can press jump to ascend, and spin to descend. Beware that it carries some momentum with you, you won't stop ascending/descending the second you stop pressing jump/spin.

Super Dash
attachment.php

Press both Jump and Spin at the same time while flying to get an instant burst of speed. The drawback to this is that it takes 5 rings in order to do this dash, so don't spam it or you'll be back to your normal form in no time flat.

Bonus content: Hyper alt!
attachment.php

Included on this post is an alternate download that gives Super Sonic an alternative Hyper Sonic supercolor. Now that 2.2.5 has released, you can simply download the hyper alt, and it'll work just fine!
Other things to note:
ERZ Supersonic has two I/O supported console commands to make slight tweaks to him. The first one is EggFlyMode, set to either 1 or 2, which decides if you want to start moving upwards as soon as you start hovering if you have jump held down, or if you want to have to press jump again to start moving upwards. Set to 1 (Jump again) by default. The other command is EggMusic, which can be either set to 0 or 1. 0 disables the custom music included with Egg Reverie super sonic, and 1 enables it. Set to 1 by default (custom music enabled).

Changelog:
V2.1: Very small update that fixes compatibility issues with KRework.

V2: Tons of code cleanup and a couple bugfixes courtesy of Dabir, New I/O supported commands (eggflymode and eggmusic)

Credits:
SwitchKaze: Helping fix a bug with the hovering.
Frostiikin: Literally everything else. I did the vast majority of the code for one of my mods for once.
Dabir: Cleaning up code and fixing a few other bugs
Cyron: Helping me set up I/O for the commands.

Attachments

• srb20181.gif
    srb20181.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 51,021
  • srb20182.gif
    srb20182.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 38,654
  • srb20183.gif
    srb20183.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 33,517
  • srb20184.gif
    srb20184.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 48,100
  • VL_EggReverieSuperSonic(HYPER ALT)-v2.1.pk3
    1.3 MB · Views: 6,350
  • VL_EggReverieSuperSonic-v2.1.pk3
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,462
Last edited:
While I appreciated how Egg Reverie
wasn't a Doomsday Zone remake
but an entirely unique final level.

But I never fully understood how Sonic worked in it.

I like the super dash tho

Nice, a proper flying super sonic! But... How exactly did you know about 2.2.5's skincolour features?

Nice, a proper flying super sonic! But... How exactly did you know about 2.2.5's skincolour features?
Because of the git feed in the srb2 discord. Also the fact that I know kaze, and he told me his skincolor stuff was getting merged in 2.2.5 lol

I really don't know why this wasn't in the game already. Anywho, it controls very well, and it is very fun to play around with!

WOO! WE CAN FINALLY START MAKING OUR SUPER SONIC BOSSFIGHTS!

Because of the git feed in the srb2 discord. Also the fact that I know kaze, and he told me his skincolor stuff was getting merged in 2.2.5 lol

Hol up, are we getting new Skin Colours AND new Super Colours?

You saved me the trouble of creating the super mania gameplay in srb2 2.2 myself, now I can create my final secret boss battle

You saved me the trouble of creating the super mania gameplay in srb2 2.2 myself, now I can create my final secret boss battle
YES! That's exactly why I made this mod, I was hoping people would start making super bosses if they finally had access to a flying super. Feel free to include ERZSuper in the wad, just be sure to leave me in the credits.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

WOO! WE CAN FINALLY START MAKING OUR SUPER SONIC BOSSFIGHTS!

Hol up, are we getting new Skin Colours AND new Super Colours?
Yup, we are.

YES! That's exactly why I made this mod, I was hoping people would start making super bosses if they finally had access to a flying super. Feel free to include ERZSuper in the wad, just be sure to leave me in the credits.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Yup, we are.
May you tell us where and what it'll be?

Also, I found a bug where if you grab onto Tails while flying, you'll be spinning as you fly when you jump off

I really liked the mod but...
my only problem with it is the music.
It would be cool to have a version where there was just the gameplay style and not the super music from the Sonic Mania final battle, instead the srb2 original super music.

Finally got to test this out.

Overall I really like it, if I had one complaint though, it's that your midair flight starts too slow. It make moving around feel super sluggish. You should give Super more thrust when he starts moving for it to feel more smooth.

Really cool mod, definitely going in my regular list! But yeah, I'd agree air acceleration is a bit low. I've also found a bug where if you touch a spring, you get stuck in the falling state until you stop flying - doesn't affect your controls, just looks a bit weird.

Last edited:
V2 is now here! Couple of tweaks in the form of commands to customize how he plays a bit better, and to disable the music if you'd like. Also has a bunch of code cleanup and bugfixes courtesy of Dabir.

V2.1 just launched. Very small update that just fixes compatibility with KRework

I know it's super obvious where the exe mod is, but I haven't actually found it yet, so forth the question: Where does one find the exe mod at SwitchKaze's github?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back