Checkpoints.

_Lusty_

*SPEEEEEEEEN*
Hey all! So, I've decided to take some practice in making maps for SRB2K just to give it a knack and see how much I could fare. I've seen the Google Docs, the tutorial videos, and the Wiki, but I'm still confused on how to properly make the checkpoints and boss waypoints for laps.

For reference, I made a very crude oval with no special features just to see how it worked. I tinkered the checkpoints and sectors for a while now, but nothing yet :/

Any help is appreciated!

We,, the way checkpoints, as in the star posts work, is like this:

The first checkpoint, with a starpost activation sector, needs an angle between 0 and 359 degrees and has a couple of Boss Waypoints 1 surrounding the sector. The next one has the angle of its starpost(s) between 360 and 719, and Boss Waypoints 2 surrounding that sector, and so on. Finally, the start/finish line needs two sets of Boss Wayupoints: both the Waypoint 0s and the Waypoint which is one higher than the last starpost Boss Waypoint.

Ohhh...that makes more sense then. I thought the boss waypoints were reserved for the finish line instead of being marked in every star post.

On a side note, the order of the Boss Waypoints is determined in the angle/No. Sea Egg box, right?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back