[Open Assets] Prop Hunt (prophunt.lua)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Tatsuru

2.3 will have menus
Sonic Team Junior
Changelog/known issues:
Testing versions
* Disguise choice message no longer sticks to the screen
* Fixed props having radii either too big or too small to hit
* Changed scoring method for props

Known issues:
* There is a low chance that names of foes will stick to the screen if they die
* Disguise message may display incorrectly if different props are too close to each other
You know that silly gamemode from Garry's Mod where you disguise as a random object? If not I'm sorry that this is your first contact.

Anyway, in Prop Hunt the players are divided into two teams. The Props (red team) can disguise as a map object by approaching them, and the Hunters (blue team) must find them and shoot them after a certain hiding time. Hunters score by shooting props in the same fashion as vanilla, and Props score by moving while in disguise or when Hunters incorrectly shoot actual map objects.

This script overrides Team Match, but can be played on any map. My personal recommendation is to play it with any modification that adds taunt voices. ☆

Prop controls:
Ring Toss: disguise as object/remove disguise
Prev/next weapon: rotate prop counter-clockwise/clockwise (when it can be rotated)
Console commands:
SILENCE: Forbids spectators from talking to players in the game. Admin only, off by default.
AUTOPOV: Your camera will change to first-person or third-person depending on which role you're playing by default. Use this to turn it off.

Attachments

• srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 516
  • srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 622
  • prophunt.lua
    17.4 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Being on my own, I could only test this solo, but it seems like the prop team is functional. I trust this can be added to releases.

Updated with a small bugfix! Players who changed teams or were scrambled to the Prop team during hiding time were getting permanently stuck until the end of the match. Also added gametype checks so parts of the code don't run accidentally on other gametypes.

Attachments

• prophunt.lua
    17.4 KB · Views: 318

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back