What is your favorite Sonic design/artstyle?

My favorites are like a lot

Junio Sonic works because of how he represents, well Sonic at the time. I mean, he was like this "2 Cool 4 School" guy and the design compliments him thanks to Studio Junio, and to some extent Toei Animation.

And, Early Uekawa works because he's like less cutesy, and more 90's. So yeah, my favorites are Junio Sonic and Uekawa.

Jam Sonic, or maybe the special stage sprites from 2. Unless there's a lot of them, curved spines don't really make sense to me. Jam Sonic's are curved, but they stretch out in semi-straight lines, so it looks like they actually would be somewhat effective at dispatching enemies.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

What do you mean? Classic Sonic is just the design Sonic had before Adventure.

Before Adventure and Uekawa's reimagining of the characters, Sonic actually went through several design iterations, some of them coexisting. A famous example would be the regional design differences (Sonic had a mohawk in the US for some reason), but also there was the design used in Japan for the animations (OVA Sonic), the design used on the Game Gear box art for Spinball in the US (a sort of fusion between the JP and US designs), the prerendered Sonic found in Sonic XTreme, Sonic 3D Blast, and Sonic's Schoolhouse, the slightly edgier Sonic design found in promotional artwork for Sonic Jam and Sonic R (I think it was made because of the longer spines on the in-game models), et cetera.

My favorite Sonic art design style

to be honest my favorite Sonic art style is Sonic riders
images

but before you talk about what I think you will talk about we will NOT talk about rouges art design

I've always liked the art when Adventure was a thing yet. Honestly I felt that it fits more

Sonic_Adventure_2_cover.png

I like all sonic designs (except mohawk, or usa sonic), but this blue boy will always be my favorite.
dc66sqx-0a8e45e6-9781-42bf-bb21-4b0803677005.png

Toei style is the style I like most, but I also like Hesse Sonic too.

His style during the 3D Blast and Jam era (basically during the Saturn days) was great too.

I personally prefer Toei Sonic (OVA and CD Sonic) as well as Classic Sonic (1,2,3&K,Mania renditions), but I also like Dreamcast Sonic. (Adventure 1 & 2)

Edit: Sonic Jam & Sonic R Sonic is cool too.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back