SRB2 Version 2.2.2 Patch Release

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by Rob Tisdell on 02-22-2020 11:52 PM.

SRB2 Version 2.2.2. is now available. You can find the patch zip on the Downloads page. You will need to extract it to your 2.2.1 folder. It is mostly some bugfixes, and stuff for modders, though there are a few features that I think people will find beneficial.

We have also released an experimental 64-bit build for this. If you intend on using it, you must delete all existing DLL files from your 2.2.1 folder before extracting this patch.

We are still working on getting Linux and Mac updates for 2.2.1 as well as this. There will be an announcement when they are made available.

You can see the full changelog here.

View on SRB2.org

Is there any way we could get an estimation on how long it'll be before the Linux and Mac updates are out? If not, I understand, there's probably reasons. It's just that I'm on Mac and I'm really interested in trying out some mods that weren't possible before, as well as all the changes made to SRB2 vanilla.

Ah piss, I wanted to flip viewrollangle's effect around before the patch. Oh well, guess it's fine like this.

(EDIT: Found what I was looking for.)

Just 6 Days? WOW!

Last edited:
Is there any way we could get an estimation on how long it'll be before the Linux and Mac updates are out? If not, I understand, there's probably reasons. It's just that I'm on Mac and I'm really interested in trying out some mods that weren't possible before, as well as all the changes made to SRB2 vanilla.

Mac users, feel free to PM me your Discord usernames if you're on the SRB2 Discord server. I have been setting up custom builds that work for versions below 10.15 (i.e. Catalina users are unable to use them, as I refuse to upgrade to that version myself) to Mac users in a secret channel there. They are reportedly less stable than the usual builds, so they are a temporary solution until we sort out how to effectively produce and release builds from our buildbots.

Ok But 1 prob

Ummm do I go in srb2 2.2.1 and activate the pk3s or do I use the srb2.win file witch I cant use

Last edited:
The 64-bit build!

I gotta ask though, what's with all the warnings? I don't recall the 64-bit versions of 2.1 being particularly buggy or unstable. Heck, I just did a playthrough with Silver with this one and nothing out of the ordinary happened. (except for the checkerboard flags that appear around the character and in the powerup HUD when a level is beat, which I assume were meant for multiplayer only, but I doubt this is exclusive to the 64-bit build)

- I gotta ask though, what's with all the warnings? I don't recall the 64-bit versions of 2.1 being particularly buggy or unstable. -
It's worth considering that late v2.1 was likely developed in parallel with, not before, v2.2. Some of the work having gone into polishing v2.1's 64-bit-ness might not all be in v2.2 yet, while other things in v2.2 may not be fully tested with 64-bit builds yet.

In other words, it likely works pretty well, but hasn't been officially tested and confirmed to be stable yet.

There's a Linux binary, I just gotta upload it. I'll try to get it up sometime this week. I'm just not home for most of weekdays.

The 64-bit build!

I gotta ask though, what's with all the warnings? I don't recall the 64-bit versions of 2.1 being particularly buggy or unstable. Heck, I just did a playthrough with Silver with this one and nothing out of the ordinary happened. (except for the checkerboard flags that appear around the character and in the powerup HUD when a level is beat, which I assume were meant for multiplayer only, but I doubt this is exclusive to the 64-bit build)

So right now, 64-bit builds don't generate RPTs on crashes, so we can't properly bugfix it. We don't actually know how stable it is or isn't and where it might buckle under what stresses. It seems safe and if you wanna use it, you can. We largely want to dissuade people from using it because we can't fix code issues you'll come across the same way we can for 32-bit builds. If you can run the 32-bit builds, you probably should stick to them. We can't really help you if the game breaks down on a 64-bit build.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back