Whats up with the master server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLEN

Im not sure if this is the right sub fourm for this question but the master server has been out for two days stright and i havent seen a single thread reguarding it having downtime.

i hope then the master server re-open fast... i rly want to play online with all my friends

I believe we are forced to wait since the master server is offline for unknown reason. When it's online we probably should know. For the people who want to play on netgames, keep checking the master server status on the forum and then you will see if it's online.

Well IP joining still works I had 3 people in my serv a few minutes ago. My IP is 172.162.223.133 for anyone that wants to come my max is 6 players.

I think this has to do with 2.1. I really think that.

...pffffffffhHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHAHAH

But seriously, that isn't the reason, and don't even expect it to be a reason. The only reason the MS was taken down for 2.0.5 was because the MS itself was updated at the same time.

If any of you had been around for any of the releases before 2.0.5, you probably will know already that it's not even a regular occurrance for the MS to be taken down at the same time.

Have I made myself clear on this? If so, good.

I think this has to do with 2.1. I really think that.
When an update takes place, users trying to connect to the master server are instead given an error message informing them that the version of SRB2 they have is out of date and that they should acquire the latest version from the website. With this already in place, it would be completely pointless to take down the master server at all, let alone for several days.

I really don't care what's the reason why the MS is down, I just want to play online again...for now, we are just going to have to wait... <:3

Why are you guys making such a big deal out of this? Its just some server downtime, there have been alot of server downtimes. Makes no sence why your making a big deal out of this one.

Actually, this topic is pretty much exactly the same as the EVERY OTHER topic when this happens, as it tends to happen. Here's the first similar topic I found: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=36548

Notice how it's the exact same topic, complete with the baseless speculation that it's related to 2.1 (Hint: it's not and never will be)

^ Actually, the old topic had SLIGHTLY more base for the speculation.. but this one, there's nothing.

But yeah, is there a reason why the MS is down? I know that the MS never really goes down for updates, unless it's the MS itself which is updating (Which, iirc, has only happened once, in the 2.0.5 update.)

It would be nice (and would probably stop a lot of newbies complaining) if you put a downtime reason on the MS page or something, even if it says "The server crashed!" or "The server is down for maintenance." - Vague, but it works!

..HAHAHA haha that's funny.
Anyways just chill out, only ones freaking out at this point are 10 year olds and people like me who have no lives and play this all day.

only ones freaking out at this point are 10 year olds and people like me who have no lives and play this all day.

...like me? God, I've been SOOOO bored since the master server has been down, to the point where I've gone through a bunch of really old level submissions...some, heck most, aren't nearly as bad as I've assumed they'd be. Although I've noticed a lot of cancelled level packs, is this common?

Oh right, back to the master server. Well I've been really REALLY bored without it, I miss my daily CTF netgames in the morning. I sure hope it comes back soon...

Dark, your making too big of a deal out of this. Srb2 is just a game. If you don't like playing alone, just forget about srb2 for a while, and come back a while later. Chances are, the master server will be up an ad running again. I'm pretty much just replying to your sig.

Well since the master server is down, I take this time to start making wads even when I'm bored. But I really hope the master server comes back up soon I really want to play online.

maybie they are finishing 2.1 version
Oh come on. It was established no less than three times before you posted this that it isn't:

...pffffffffhHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHAHAH

But seriously, that isn't the reason, and don't even expect it to be a reason. The only reason the MS was taken down for 2.0.5 was because the MS itself was updated at the same time.

If any of you had been around for any of the releases before 2.0.5, you probably will know already that it's not even a regular occurrance for the MS to be taken down at the same time.

Have I made myself clear on this? If so, good.

When an update takes place, users trying to connect to the master server are instead given an error message informing them that the version of SRB2 they have is out of date and that they should acquire the latest version from the website. With this already in place, it would be completely pointless to take down the master server at all, let alone for several days.

Actually, this topic is pretty much exactly the same as the EVERY OTHER topic when this happens, as it tends to happen. Here's the first similar topic I found: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=36548

Notice how it's the exact same topic, complete with the baseless speculation that it's related to 2.1 (Hint: it's not and never will be)
Seriously. 2.1 is hardly complete. It will be done when it is done. It is not coming out now, nor is it coming out anytime in the immediate future. Hell, we don't even know when it'll be done. So seriously, stop speculating that the MS is down because of 2.1, especially in light of it being debunked several times over, because you're just making yourself look foolish.

I have no idea why the Master Server is down, of course; I'm not that invested in its upkeep, since I royally suck at SRB2 MP and generally don't bother with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back