Sonic Mania

Status
Not open for further replies.
liking the new ACt 2 music from both zones. also that combi ring HUD thing, good stuff

Woah, it DOES seem like a lot of things from the classic games are returning. S3K Shields, Death Egg Robot and more! seriously though, i want to see Super Knuckles back.

Tales is my favorite character too.

I love the fact that Robotnik is now using Sonic 2/3&K's final boss mech in the first zone of the game.

It's like he realized that checkered wrecking balls weren't exactly good openers for your long-time nemesis.

Certainly not the style I expected for this zone, it's really chill and slow as opposed to the upbeat disco that the original tracks were.

Certainly not the style I expected for this zone, it's really chill and slow as opposed to the upbeat disco that the original tracks were.

That's what makes this zone's music style unique. It's far from your fast paced and up-beat music style, where this is far more composed and relaxing. I think it's really fitting for the past of this zone, and for it being the 1st Act. Even the original past of Stardust Speedway's soundtrack was reasonably slower paced than it's present and future timeline counterparts.

What I hope the transition will be, is a time travel sign which takes you to a different time with an up-beat remix. I think it will work well if done properly. Though knowing Tee Lopes, I'm sure he'll pull off something great with the music.

I'm unsure if Metal Sonic will return. If he does, it would have to have to be in the 2nd Act. It would make sense for the transition to start from the past in the 1st Act, to either the present or future timeline in the 2nd. The well-known Metal Sonic death race was what made Stardust Speedway so iconic to begin with, besides it's soundtrack.

Last edited:
I was going to put a post up about the new video, but got caught up with something. Back on topic, that looks so damn crisp! Sonic Mania is going to be amazing, it can sustain me for a day but can't sustain me for a fortnight! I love the special stage's concept this time around; a mix between S3&K and CD! And I wonder the Blue Spheres stages dish out this time around. As for the Time Attack mode, it looks cool.

Last edited:
The Special Stages look like a neat combination of previous stages in the series. The fact that these stages use 3D models is also a plus.

I just love how 90's everything looks in the special stages -- especially the models. It all looks really good in spite of being low-poly.

The low-poly models remind me of this:
S3d_special.png

Honestly blue spheres got pretty old for me, so I'm glad it's essentially optional. I always thought this was the most fun bonus stage, personally....

Magspheres.png

I always thought this was the most fun bonus stage, personally....

Magspheres.png

And, to this day, I still can't control how Sonic moves on those electic ball things without getting confused.

Now, back on topic, I think I can finally get all the chaos emeralds in a classic game for once! (besides Sonic 2 on mobile but I never bothered on the original)
Pretty hyped for Mania!

And, to this day, I still can't control how Sonic moves on those electic ball things without getting confused.

I dunno, I always felt it was pretty easy to get the hang of. Turning is probably the only particularly hard part, otherwise it's just a matter of using swing momentum to launch yourself upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back