Can a SRB2 Kart Android port be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kart indeed needs a port. If games like Mario Kart and SSASR could reach mobile, then SRB2 kart can do the same

Sent from my SM-G950U using ********

So, since the Sonic Robo Blast 2 Android port is now OFFICIAL, and on the website, I feel like the next logical move would be to make a Kart port too. If possible, anyways. I'd LOVE to play SRB2 Kart, just to see what all the hype is about.

If a Hypothetical Kart android port happens, a better preforming phone is needed to suffice the needs to fully experience kart. Why do you need a more powerful phone? Well, SRB2 Android's netgames is a clear piece of evidence. Most of the time the game lags along if you don't have a higher-ended phone at hand. Hence why I said that. Multiplayer is one of the most FUN parts of the game. Without it the game becomes boring extremely fast, and its because of the repetition that comes playing singleplayer (at least 1.1's singleplayer). Now, I see how 2.0's singleplayer is gonna make my reasoning change. The point still stands, a higher ended phone is required to fully experience kart. That still stands for the PC players but, PC's definitely have a much better time running this. Plus you can build your own for not too much of a hefty price. You can't really build your own Android phone. So unless you're willing to pay 600-1000 dollars on just a phone that will run this decently to perfectly, I'd say you're out of luck on multiplayer.

For the record, we aren't planning a Kart port, so don't expect it out of us. Not saying nobody else can't give it a try, just don't hold your breath for someone else to put the work in. Talking like it's "the next logical step" isn't as logical as it seems; someone needs to actually be capable and willing to do it. In addition, you also gotta factor in that netplay is a must, with Single Player currently being so limited. If the netplay is lousy or just nonexistent, don't expect it to get much use...

We all need. A port versions of srk

Like you made a port version of srb2 so we need a sub port version to

Well... yeah.
an Kart port would be really cool, but... it can't exist, due to the controls would be even WORSE than the SRB2 ones, i haven't played SRB2 on mobile, but people says it's horrible, so imagine that in a game where you need to go fast and avoid the enemies/pits.

For the record, we aren't planning a Kart port, so don't expect it out of us. Not saying nobody else can't give it a try, just don't hold your breath for someone else to put the work in. Talking like it's "the next logical step" isn't as logical as it seems; someone needs to actually be capable and willing to do it. In addition, you also gotta factor in that netplay is a must, with Single Player currently being so limited. If the netplay is lousy or just nonexistent, don't expect it to get much use...
So......We Will Not Get Kart in Mobile? OK

don't expect kart to come to mobile, it requires more reactive controls than vanilla srb2, so even if it were to be simplified, it would definitely not be easy to control or be fun at all. like "worse than mario kart tour" kinds of not fun.

if you want to get kart, get a pc, it can run pretty smoothly even on weaker hardware.

don't expect kart to come to mobile, it requires more reactive controls than vanilla srb2, so even if it were to be simplified, it would definitely not be easy to control or be fun at all. like "worse than mario kart tour" kinds of not fun.

if you want to get kart, get a pc, it can run pretty smoothly even on weaker hardware.

You gotta realise that most of the people who ask about Android, Chromebook, etc. ports are kids. For many, those are their only options. One does not simply "get a PC" when you're 13 years old.

You gotta realise that most of the people who ask about Android, Chromebook, etc. ports are kids. For many, those are their only options. One does not simply "get a PC" when you're 13 years old.
Well, I built the computer I'm using right now when I was 12, so...

Well, I built the computer I'm using right now when I was 12, so...

Build a computer? In THIS economy? What makes you think your experiences are universal?

I don't know how old you are today, but the home computer landscape has changed a lot in the past half-decade. Maybe in 2012 it was common for households to have one laptop per person, but with the rise of low-cost smart devices it's more common for kids to have their own phones or tablets instead, often handed down from older family members. The concept of a "shared family PC" in general is getting antiquated, too. Additionally, if a kid does have their own computer it's usually something cheap or something provided by their school, hence all the Chromebook users on this messageboard.

Not to mention that a lot of community members are also from countries where PC parts cost way more than you'd think they would. The USA isn't the only country in the world. Many developing countries even skipped home computers entirely and jumped straight to low-end, low-cost Android devices. The popularity of games like PUBG Mobile didn't come from nowhere, y'know.

Hell, I'm from Australia and PC parts are bloody expensive here, and "cheap" laptops cost you like three times as much as a half-decent Android device. My current phone cost AU$200 and plays Mario Kart Tour fairly well. AU$700 will get you a slow-as-molasses laptop that can't even run YouTube properly.

The market is changing. That's why these requests keep popping up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back