Resource icon

[Model] A Visual Embellishment of v1 Models

SeasideDoe

Rachel aka "SeasideDoe"
With Jeck Jims' consent, an update to the v1 models for SRB2Kart is out!

The project herewithin was created in response to the v1.2 update, which despite updating several sprites lacks any sort of update to the models. I feel the models at this point have aged noticeably, and are worthy of a touch-up. The goal of this mission was to recreate the aesthetic of the sprites into model format, which entails modifying _blend files and the textures of a select few racers.

For a more detailed list of changes, consult the spoiler:
GLOBAL CHANGES:
*All go-karts have had blends brightened to better reflect the bright tone for the pipeframe in sprites.
*Most characters have had blends brightened to reflect the bright monotones used, the following are exceptions: Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Arle, Vyse
MINOR TEXTURE EDITS:
*The following characters have had their skin tones changed to reflect their sprites more accurately: Knuckles, Mighty, Silver.
*Amy and Cream's dresses now properly two-tone, instead of relying on an outdated transparency trick that produced off-color results with certain skincolors, most notably Skunk.
MAJOR TEXTURE EDITS:
*Shadow's hole in his head during his spinout pose has been fixed.
*Sakura Shinguji's missing feet have been restored.
To use these blend files, extract the contents of the zip file into a new folder, then copy and paste the contents into your KAPL folder in the mdls folder of your root directory, and hit "replace" with every prompt-you should have better looking models in no time!

Special Thanks go to Superstarxalien, who helped me with two-toning Amy's model, and Jeck Jims for making these models in the first place and providing help for making two-toning Amy and Cream possible.

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• KAPL-DX.zip
    299 KB · Views: 502
  • kart0287.gif
    kart0287.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 828
  • kart0284.gif
    kart0284.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 688
  • kart0292.png
    kart0292.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 533
  • kart0287.png
    kart0287.png
    306.2 KB · Views: 512
  • kart0283.png
    kart0283.png
    537.1 KB · Views: 462
  • kart0281.png
    kart0281.png
    269.4 KB · Views: 502
  • kart0272.png
    kart0272.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 531
  • kart0274.png
    kart0274.png
    535.2 KB · Views: 417
  • kart0285.png
    kart0285.png
    394.7 KB · Views: 362
  • kart0271.png
    kart0271.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 381
  • kart0266.png
    kart0266.png
    397.1 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by a moderator:
kart0023.png kart0024.png
Some pipeframes turned out brighter than others. Note Cream's being darker, nearly if not identical to standard, while Amy's is brighter as is what was likely intended. I believe this is either an oversight or something that can't be fixed for some reason?

That was thanks to the adjustment Superstarxalien-Amy's kart is actually the anomaly here, and I'll adjust it later when I finish making a v2 release that will feature the models found in the Jeck Jims DLC pack!

I personally like this because colors like Gold feel more bright. I hope this gets to other character like Mecha Sonic or the other missing models

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back