Pointy Sonic

He's finally here.
Our god is here.
now your fellow that draws things as a sandwich can rest in peace

Now that I played as him for quite some time, I have a genuine opinion to say.

This character is the most expressive character I have ever seen in SRB2, The way he tilts his cute head around to look at objects and emotionally react to them as they happen in real time is so freakin incredible, It gives him so much personality that I have yet to see in any SRB2 character yet, even without the dabbing and dancing.

Unfortunately, I see the dabbing and dancing thing more of a neat curiosity for multiplayer if anything, at least it was fun D A B B I N G our way through the SRB2 fields before it started to wear out its welcome.

As for the gameplay, It's most definitely not the most complex character out there and I don't mind that. The momentum-shifting double jump was pretty fun to use, although it did throw me off at times, and the drop dash is, without a doubt, the best drop dash i've seen in any kind of wad ever. The fact that its chargeable basing it on how long you stay in midair made any kind of powerful drop dashes deliciously satisfying. The trick system is also pretty good, making me feel nice whenever I manage to get those amounts of spin jumps perfectly on multiple kinds of springs

This character is best played with directionchar, as a lot of these moves feel a lot more natural and dynamic with directionchar on.

As for the sprite fidelity tho, these are some mighty fine sprites. I especially appreciate how you aim for your own style instead of trying to aim for SRB2's SSN type style like everyone else. It gives pointy a sense of originality, especially when compared to the current roster of characters on the MB rn. Unfortunately, the gradient between the eyes and head can be interpreted as banding, and that's such a shame since the rest of the sprites are so nice to look at and see.

overall pointy is gud 69/420

I'm so completely blown away by everyone's reception, thank you! This project has meant a lot to me and I hope to continue bringing the community quality and engaging content! My next vanilla release is already in the works and was showcased in my stream as bring Honey the Cat, and although he's still a long ways out I do plan to begin development on Fluffy Tails soon!

Last edited:
I'm so completely blown away by everyone's reception, thank you! This project has meant a lot to me and I hope to continue bringing the community quality and engaging content! My next vanilla release is already in the works and was showcased in my stream as bring Honey the Cat, and although he's still a long ways out I do plan to begin development on Fluffy Tails soon!
Fluffy Tails...? Huh.

What's next then? Punchy Knuckles?

Actually it's Boxy Knuckles, with his Boxing gloves
IMG_20190320_194207.jpg

I found this.
srb20095.gif
OH GOD THAT MOUTH CHANGING

On the subject of Super Sonic, an issue I found with him is that he breaks automated sequences (DSZ 2's underwater current, ERZ's tunnels with him not spinning, etc.)
I also think that Super Sonic should spinjump if you press a button (maybe Custom 2?)

I got one thing to Say. This wad is WAY PAST COOL. Good work bro, because head tracking in srb2 way to go lach and the Sprite work. Bro you two need a fist bump. Thank you for this Pointy Sonic. I'm looking forward to see all of you other content.

Great! I love this WAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

10/10 best sonic

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

And gooooooooooddddddd

Great! I love this WAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

10/10 best sonic

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

And gooooooooooddddddd

There is a edit button you know but...

LOOK, IS KNUXME MEETING HIS LIL BROTHER!

Pointy Sonic's FINALLY here, I'm late by 4 days but eh, and I might as well say that our good boi Pointy here will make the Dab a trend again as the spiny boi already is.

Jokes aside I saw some development of Pointy through the SRB2 Discord and my god was he amazing. I bet he'll share the stories with you guys too. Good job Chrispy.

Wow! Great work you did here! All these buttery smooth extra animations really makes SRB2 much livelier overall, and the sprites look great too! One of the first things I did was put this wad on my server.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back