Cannot find a map remotely named 'whatever'

When typing out the map command, you need to type in map mapaz or whatever the 2 character map number is. Or you can substitute the mapaz for some part of your level name. If you're testing your map it might be easier to rename the map lump to map01 in SLADE and rename it to another slot later though.

Code:
C:\Users\ittan\Downloads\Sonic Robo Blast 2\srb2win.exe
single player.
That is all :V

Last edited:
Check Customize parameters, and see if it has something like this:
Code:
file "%AP" "%F" -warp %L
Your error message sounds like something's causing srb2 to try to -warp whatever, which uh, won't work. Also, go to Edit->Map Options, and make sure the Game Configuration is set correctly.

It was set to that, but changing it causes it to just start the game but not load the level.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

if this matters it says the result is this:
Code:
-file "C:\Users\ittan\Downloads\Sonic Robo Blast 2\Builder\MAPER01.wad" "C:\Users\ittan\AppData\Local\Temp\jjcue9wn\e3jrqs37.wad" -warp MAPER01 +skin sonic

It was set to that, but changing it causes it to just start the game but not load the level.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

if this matters it says the result is this:
Code:
-file "C:\Users\ittan\Downloads\Sonic Robo Blast 2\Builder\MAPER01.wad" "C:\Users\ittan\AppData\Local\Temp\jjcue9wn\e3jrqs37.wad" -warp MAPER01 +skin sonic
MAPER01 is not a valid map code, so you may want to fix that.

Last edited:
-warp MAPER01 is wrong, I don't know what's causing that.

...did you set the level name to "WHATEVER"? you can't do that, go to Map Options and set the Level name to something sensible like MAP01. It's labelled "Level name" but it's not actually the name of your level - it's the name of the lump Zone Builder will save your level to. Should be in this format:
The map numbers are ordered first from MAP01–MAP99, then MAPA0–MAPA9, MAPAA–MAPAZ, then MAPB0–MAPB9, MAPBA–MAPBZ, and so on, all the way up to MAPZZ.

-warp MAPER01 is wrong, I don't know what's causing that.

...did you set the level name to "WHATEVER"? you can't do that, go to Map Options and set the Level name to something sensible like MAP01. It's labelled "Level name" but it's not actually the name of your level - it's the name of the lump Zone Builder will save your level to. Should be in this format:

I did not. I was illustrating that I've tried several names, from MAPER to BIGBCH to everything in between.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

well, that seems to of fixed it
hmm

Well that's the error message. I'm trying to test my map but I'm a beginner you see.

i have the same problem, but the thing is that i HAVE srb2 out of the Downloads folder.

Maps have to use MAPXX name format. ONLY maps using the name MAP01 through MAPZZ will work.

1656121919254.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back