Megaman 10: Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy mode is just less enemies and having a few pits covered by floating platforms, nothing else... I think...

Easy mode is just less enemies and having a few pits covered by floating platforms, nothing else... I think...

Many powerups have been added to the levels (extra E-Tanks, W-Tanks, Energy, Health, Screws, 1-Ups) There's a "Pinwheel" (Which is basically a M-Tank that is instantly used) at every mid-point and right before every boss. Bosses don't attack as much (For example, Blade Man only shoots 2 blades instead of 3, and Pump Man only has 4 orbs instead of 8). Enemies deal less damage, and those annoying things that pop up out of pits to hit you move slower, allowing you to jump past them without getting hit.

There's probably some more changes that I didn't list.

Easy is a breeze in Mega Man 10. If you can beat easy in Mega Man 2, MM10 Easy mode should be no problem.

The video is an exaggeration, obviously, but there are certainly a lot of nullified hazards in it. Plus the enemies act a bit differently in each mode; in this case they're slower and fire less/different bullets.

And, let's be perfectly frank here, I don't get why everybody's complaining about downloadable content you can just hack into. Do you look at a candy bar and say "paying for that is a ripoff; that other guy just stole it and ran off"? Do you go to an inn and get pissed at the company because you have to pay for the key when a shady guy in a trenchcoat used his magical "one-key-fits-all" tool earlier to take a free nap? Do you have the hypocrisy to argue that Capcom is ripping you off by letting you hack into content that was not advertised as free, and not intended to be tinkered with, when frankly, they are the ones getting ripped off by this exploit? Please explain this to me.
I think the objection is that the content is included with the game, and they're just charging for access to it. You already paid for the data, now you need to pay to access all of it.

Personally, I dislike how game companies are putting DLC onto the disk or download and then charging for access to it. DLC has a great potential to provide expansion content after the game has been out a while, such as the designer making new levels and other content. It simply requires the designer produce the game with the ability to expand it later in mind. If MM10 wasn't new anymore and Capcom came out with some new DLC that adds a hard mode that wasn't in the original version, I don't think anyone would complain.

I would vastly prefer they simply include all the content and charge $15-20, instead of breaking it up into multiple purchases. DLC should be reserved for content that actually was created after release, IMO. Expansion packs have historically done well on the PC market, this is exactly the kind of thing DLC would be perfect for.

That makes sense, then. Although I believe the reason why they made it a separate transaction is, as I think JEV3 explained, you might not want to play as Bass or play the Endless mode, and so you're getting what you pay for (although having the extra content be separate probably would be wiser for Capcom's sake rather than having the content in the game waiting to be cracked).

With all said and done, though, there's one thing I don't quite understand.... Why is it that we still have to wait a week to use the extra content that's... apparently ready?

So? You might not have wanted the play the Game Gear Games in SADX either. Should those have been a septate transaction? Though looking at the rest of the first part of your post I got to say, get outta my head.

I'm not sure if that's a fair comparison, considering the GG series is too insignificant to buy on their own (which is the idea behind putting them into SADX in the first place).

Hey guys, Sega is now putting Metal Sonic in SADX for Xbox Live. Even though he is in game. You'll be forced to wait 3 months till we give out a key for Metal Sonic.

You get what you paid for...

Again, not a fair comparison. Metal Sonic was unlockable in previous releases of SADX, and as a character, he adds little to no gameplay variation anyway.

Missing the point.

Okay, better yet what about Battle and Chase in the X Collection, the NES games In Animal Crossing, Green Hill in SA2, Metal Sonic in SADX, that 8 bit mini game in Mega Man ZX Advant, hard mode in Sonic Heroes, the extra characters in Viewtiful Joe, Vectorman and Vectorman 2 in Sonic Gems Collection, The SMS games in Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection, Flicky and Ristar in Sonic Mega Collection, the extra puzzles in the professor Layton games, Protoman in Megaman Powered up (It's different when it's free), original Metroid and the Fusion suit for Metroid Prime, the Lego Starwars 1 set of characters for Lego Starwars 2? What if all of that had to be a seprate purchase and the base game still cost as much as it does now?

*Ninja'd on the Metal Sonic part*

Last edited:
Then you would be paying more for the final product than you have as it stands currently.

If you're saying Capcom could have released the entire product for $10, I highly doubt they would have done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back