3yivyd.jpg

The boy is back. The boy with the quotation marks on his head is back. Good work.

This reminds me a lot of FANG!

Last edited:
hehe funy skeleton
srb20086.png

Fun to play with. Especially with the meme poses. Also kirb support.

He looks like Starlow from Mario and Luigi but with quotation marks instead of a star...
I like him, I had fun with him and I like that if you bounce from a really high place you bounce really high!
I don't like that you need to press spin twice to tarrget enemies, I often get hurt using that attack and I usually attack enemies by bouncing on them.
Still, one of my favourite spheres! (I like him more than Starlow, Starlow is just... useless)

How someone manages to make a white sphere with rayman limbs be extremely fun and rewarding to play when skill is involved is beyond me, but here we are, I guess.

All jokes aside, this is very fun and well made! The animations and the gameplay are some of the best I've ever seen ever seen. Also those poses are just...... wow

Last edited:
Man, Derp is just so FUN to play as. His gameplay is simple and yet it adds so much at the same time! You can bounce up to 3 times, the third obviously being the highest, but at the cost of making you vulnerable to incoming badniks. And the added flair of the poses he does too was the icing on the cake. The boomearang is also a neat little addition, but I kinda wish you could use it mid-air? Maybe it could allow you to gain a little more airtime, ala throwing Cappy in Super Mario Odyssey.

But I digress, brillant work here regardless and I hope to see Battle support for Derp in the future.

A legitimately under-looked and underappreciated character.
His abilities and sprites fit into the game's style just about on par with vanilla Sonic's quality, and are probably suited perfectly for any gameplay modifications by how simple he is. Most people call him a meme ball, but all the memes are in the poses, which don't detract from the gameplay or character at all and can be disabled at any time. I'm glad you checked through and made sure his offsets were properly done unlike some of the other MB characters, this is a pretty basic thing that I notice others tend to slip up on sometimes. His animations flow very nicely and don't seem stiff at any point. He's got a really nice and cute design that maybe be considered not Sonic-like in nature, but I personally think it has a lot of charm on it's own.

However, that's not to say he's without flaws. I feel like the ear boomerang could be improved by letting you use it in air, due to how you can end up landing in pits due to the vulnerability frames and hitting an enemy at an inconvenient time. Something similar to how Super Mario Odyssey's Cappy mechanic works where you can stall yourself in air, but without the bounce and it instead still homes in on the closest enemy. But other than only that, I'd honestly say he's a perfectly executed character with just enough content.

Overall, 9/10.
I've gotta say, he's pretty fun to mess around with.

A legitimately under-looked and underappreciated character.
His abilities and sprites fit into the game's style just about on par with vanilla Sonic's quality, and are probably suited perfectly for any gameplay modifications by how simple he is. Most people call him a meme ball, but all the memes are in the poses, which don't detract from the gameplay or character at all and can be disabled at any time. I'm glad you checked through and made sure his offsets were properly done unlike some of the other MB characters, this is a pretty basic thing that I notice others tend to slip up on sometimes. His animations flow very nicely and don't seem stiff at any point. He's got a really nice and cute design that maybe be considered not Sonic-like in nature, but I personally think it has a lot of charm on it's own.

However, that's not to say he's without flaws. I feel like the ear boomerang could be improved by letting you use it in air, due to how you can end up landing in pits due to the vulnerability frames and hitting an enemy at an inconvenient time. Something similar to how Super Mario Odyssey's Cappy mechanic works where you can stall yourself in air, but without the bounce and it instead still homes in on the closest enemy. But other than only that, I'd honestly say he's a perfectly executed character with just enough content.

Overall, 9/10.
I've gotta say, he's pretty fun to mess around with.

T H I S.
It's so sad that such an amazing character just got swept under the rug... He's stupidly fun to play, and I really wish more servers hosted with him.

may I repack derp into a big character pack im making for my server (cobaltn't server)

i was going to private message this message but I couldn't so im doing it here

may I repack derp into a big character pack im making for my server (cobaltn't server)

i was going to private message this message but I couldn't so im doing it here

Can't you just make a cfg file for addfile-ing mods and setting some commands? What do you get out of shoving everything into a single file?

I would like to report a bug when you use your ear next to a teleporter ang go into it before the ear it does not come back. It happened to me in mini hangout

This is a very good character except for his vibe check pose that he can do while bouncing that made me jump out of my seat

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back