• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's time for toaster's titanic technological triumphs (slow internet warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the many wads and lua scripts I've seen this one certainly takes the cake for me. Certainly looks like it's still unfinished but this looks like it would be very fun to play. It also looks like the plane blew up at a certain point there, which seems like a nice effect. I'll be keeping an eye out for updates.

Fantastic. I was thinking of a way to make this, but my way uses optical illusions. This is "Truly amazing!" - vector

looking forward to its release, even at this level of progress.

You, my friend... You have earned all of my respect, This is one of the best things anyone has ever made for SRB2. I'll look forward to seeing more amazing things.

It's nice to see that there are more interesting ideas in the community. I can't wait for this to be released!

Although I'm not very fond of levels like Sky Chase Zone, this looks very promising.
I'll give it a shot when it's released and I wish you luck with this project.

This is certainly a technological triumph.

But that ending though...

"Whoa, Tails! Watch where your flyin' buddy!"

rip in pieces tails

Maybe that's just me, but you might want to change the blue sky to a more sunset themed sky as I can imagine that it could be quite difficult to keep track of Sonic all the time because of his color, especially since he's so small.

I've done a couple of tests, and it seems that if it's set to another time of day, the rest of the map has to have colourmapping applied to it to not look odd. Colourmaps make characters even more difficult to discern from the level- Tails players in particular- and also have the downside of making the red plane (the marker for the player when not on the brown convoy) blend into the clouds. I'm afraid there's effectively little I can do on this matter. The classic games have a precedent in Sky Chase, and the background's basically the same blue there as on Sonic himself, so I don't think there's any way I can change this.

Thanks for the criticism and suggestion, though!

I've done a couple of tests, and it seems that if it's set to another time of day, the rest of the map has to have colourmapping applied to it to not look odd. Colourmaps make characters even more difficult to discern from the level- Tails players in particular- and also have the downside of making the red plane (the marker for the player when not on the brown convoy) blend into the clouds. I'm afraid there's effectively little I can do on this matter. The classic games have a precedent in Sky Chase, and the background's basically the same blue there as on Sonic himself, so I don't think there's any way I can change this.

Thanks for the criticism and suggestion, though!

You could always do what I think Top Down did and have little triangular markers above players' heads, although you'd have to be sure to make them transparent or something so they aren't too visually distracting and don't obscure anything important.

Do you think we could just get a screenie of the level instead of a 320x200 .gif? I would actually love to see what the Tornado looks like.

TidySnarlingKookaburra.gif

Did I hear someone ask for more 320x200 .gifs? <3

(screenies will be available once I actually make more level content)

This is looking pretty amazing. You are pulling off impressive work with this Cloud Conyoy Zone. From the .gifs it is looking like it will be a real blast to play through. I am looking forward to playing it.

Yeah... nope. That's unlikely to happen- no Whirtles are placed underneath low ceilings in the map editor. This is just in case they happen to fly there- which is unlikely, but can be done by someone who's just messing around. It's a bit of fun to cover up how Whirtles are dependent on uninterrupted motion to work properly.

Coded in... nine hours, I think. This isn't all the boss does, it won't look exactly like this, and it definitely won't be at the start of the level... but damn if that spikeball tail ain't the darn-tootinest thing you've ever seen.

Last edited:
Now that's an impressive deed with the CEZ3 boss! Your level's starting to look really good, and if it gets finished it could rank up with Space chase zone or even be a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back