SRB2 to be ran at NASA Marathon Speedrun Event June 6th

Kitoko

I will be taking SRB2 to a real life event. I'll be heading to NASA Marathon and it will run from June 3rd to June 9th and will be hosted in Niagara Falls, Canada. You can find the event details as well as the schedule here at https://nasamarathon.com/ and shown on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/nasa_marathon and if you happen to live close enough to visit it, you're more than welcome to meet me there. I'll be getting there June 2nd to help with the set-up around 2PM. The schedule is here: https://horaro.org/nasa2019/schedule

For those who don't know, a speedrun is the task of playing a game as quickly as possible, pushing the game and the player to their limits.

My SRB2 run will be June 6th at 2:42PM EST. I will be doing the vanilla game, and there will be a poll to pick a character, so feel free to pick the character you'd like to see:
  • Sonic is action-packed and really difficult but also very rewarding. He's got some interesting methods to skip through the levels.
  • Tails is able to cheese out most of the levels, sure, but he has his own quirks, like momentum retention through flight and wall physics abuse.
  • Knuckles is the slowest of the three, but he's also quite technical. He abuses the most out of the game out of all three characters.

I'm sorry for putting this out on such short notice, but it's being housed at Americana Conference Resort & Spa in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. (8444 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls ON)

If there is extra time left over, I'll also try my best to showcase SRB2Kart as well. Even if there isn't I'll bring it for my roommates to play as well! It deserves a lot of sunshine for how paramount the effort went into that mod.

I hope that, some time in the future, I can get the game accepted to a much larger event like GDQ. However, one of the best ways to get into GDQ I've been told is, ultimately, have proof of myself running in a marathon itself.

It'll be my first time actually going to an event/con, on my own, and I'm so stoked to spend time with one of my newest friends, Raikouraider. He's there on the schedule too and managed to get four runs in. With all that said, I'm open for any tips or advice regarding the stay or the hotel visit or any past experiences to learn from.

I'm also looking forward to this, I hope Knuckles wins because I have yet to see much gameplay of him in SRB2.

Good luck with the run, and thanks for helping get more eyes on the game!

SRB2 has a lot of potential to be in the likes of AGDQ, for instance, so any sort of recognition in the speedrunning scene is definitely a good thing. Good luck!

This is incredibly cool. Good to see your efforts rewarded! Good luck ^u^

(I keep on misreading the thread title as the National American Space Agency, btw. ...it's not, like, the NASA of SPACE, right? That would be on another level.)

I can't believe I barely missed this run due to having my food at the time it was starting. I hope that they keep clips of the runs so that we can watch the run again...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back