Neo X-Treme HUD [v1.0.1]

[Open Assets] Neo X-Treme HUD [v1.0.1] 1.0.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Sylvegamer3

Also known as Sylve
Spurred on by the idea of SRB2 looking like the perfect Saturn game and X-Treme being the main planned Sonic game for the Saturn, I decided to make a HUD based on Sonic X-Treme, specifically the 718 Project Condor-era prototype. Since there is already an X-Treme HUD, I chose to follow the naming conventions of the Neo Jam HUD and went with the Neo X-Treme HUD.

attachment.php

-Lua used to properly recreate the lives counter placement and use the continue icon instead of the regular life icon, as well as keeping the font consistent between the Score-Time-Rings and life count like the prototype.
-Proper, clean rips of the graphics used in the 718 prototype HUD, straight from the game. Includes edits for the two graphics not in X-Treme, the minus and period.
-Universal character compatibility by using Lua to draw the continue sprite.
-Cool drop shadow on the life icon mimicking the rest of the font that I'm glad I figured out how to do, even if it's not important.
-Spectators are ghosts. Cool!

Additionally, I've included a Lualess (and STLIVEX-less) variant for use online, as well as a Lua-only version (going by ContLives) if the look of the life counter without the X-Treme font is cool to anyone on its own.

Included is another screenshot as an example of the true X-Treme experience. SuperPhanto created the X-Treme Sonic character, and ACStriker made Jade Gully; props to them both for making cool X-Treme mods a lot more complicated than mine.
-Modern life icon compatibility disabled. It covers up the boost bar, and Modern forces the regular HUD on for the only option it would appear (vanilla) anyway.
-No SRB2P support for the life icon, but that's pretty obvious.
-Skip compatibility exists, though! He moves the life counter up above the scrap since it won't fit beneath.
-Partial SMS compatibility; HMS draws his own HUD, so I just have to remove the bottom lives and settle for the weird appearance of his Score-Time-Rings text over mine.
Any other characters that need compatibility? Just tell me about it on this thread, I'll drop a hotfix after there's a good amount of characters that need a fix.

v1, 12/31/2020: Initial release.
v1.0.1, 1/1/2021: Fixed the issue of no continue icon, as well as partial HMS support.
Graphics from Sonic X-Treme: Chris Senn
Sprite rips: Sylve (I'm surprised there weren't any public rips sooner, though I guess it was the Saturn being the Saturn)
Hud code: Sylve, SteelT (code from SimplerHUD referenced and partially used to figure out how to draw Sprite2s on the HUD, as well as using hudinfo to determine relative HUD positions, how to detect NIGHTS, special stages, and spectator mode. Relatively minor stuff, but certainly still helped a ton considering my low knowledge of HUD Lua. SimplerHUD is reusable, and for that I am thankful.)

Attachments

• srb20396.png
    srb20396.png
    122 KB · Views: 8,556
  • srb20393.png
    srb20393.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 616
  • V_NeoXTremeHudLualess-v1.pk3
    5.9 KB · Views: 323
  • L_ContLives-v1.0.1.lua
    2.9 KB · Views: 349
  • L_NeoXTremeHud-v1.0.1.pk3
    7.5 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
how did you get the jade gully map in the second picture?

how did you get the jade gully map in the second picture?

Jade Gully in the second picture is from the SRB2Xtreme addon by ACStriker; I tried to make note of it in the description but I guess I wasn't clear enough, lol.

Oh. Just.. oh. At least everyone including SMS is supported!

Actually, base SMS is fine, but there's issues with HMS since it draws its own hud for the infinite lives symbol; I forgot about it, oops! I think I already have a variable to use to fix this, though, so expect a hotfix soon.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Figured this wouldn't count as double-posting since it's an update-bump:

Updated to version 1.0.1: Characters without continue icons will now use the life icon (and characters without a life icon will use the stand sprite), though uh...it looks really bad and I'm gonna have to play with the offsets. (aka just include a continue icon please it would probably be easier). Also, partial HMS support added; see main changelog for more details.

Last edited:
Jade Gully in the second picture is from the SRB2Xtreme addon by ACStriker; I tried to make note of it in the description but I guess I wasn't clear enough, lol.

Link? I know of it, but it came out during the beginning of 2.2 I’m not digging through all the maps. And plus I’m not home.

edit:
im home, and i decided to just look through the maps but i couldnt find it.

Last edited:
It's pretty good to see an new X-treme HUD, now looking better.

Nice! i love it!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back