Do you regret getting whatever game system you have? (Single 7th Gen Console owners)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily say I regret getting my Wii. I've been happy with all the consoles I owned, honestly, EXCEPT the Wii. I mean, when I first got it, I was definitely disappointed. Everything about it is just all wrong. The "blockbuster" games it has can't even defend it- I owned a good portion of them and they are all just decent. Brawl was overhyped, Mario Galaxy bored me to death, Mario Kart Wii is unbalanced and requires no skill at all, ETC. Don't forget it has sub-par graphics, incredibly horrendous motion controls that do not enhance gameplay at all, and the stupid, stupid friend codes. There are no real noteworthy "WiiWare" games and the VC is admittingly kind of a nice thing but it's like what Kyasarin said. You can get ALL of the VC's games for free on your PC. Even if it is illegal.

As overhyped as Brawl was, it's not all bad and It's still kinda fun. That would have been a FANTASTIC time to introduce downloadable content. I mean, a year ago I would have totally forked over a buck or two for a new character, or even six bucks for a pack of stages. But no. I'm not a hater, I enjoyed the DS and N64 and GC, but Nintendo is just acting like a bunch of dumb fucks with the Wii. WHY isn't there downloadable content? Nintendo could be making even MORE money from downloadable content. Games like Brawl, Mario Kart Wii etc would have been perfect tests for dlc. Even Mario Galaxy, where you can buy new planets or something.
But there IS demos. Seriously. There's the Nintendo Channel where you can download those demos to your DS and watch videos, but I doubt anyone looks at that.

And when I got my PS3 last christmas, I just realized how even WORSE the Wii is. It's a poor man's console. You're wasting money on it, and that can be saved on getting yourself the good consoles: A 360 or PS3, though I prefer the latter. I don't even reccomend it to the casual audience. There's nothing for them on it except Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

tl;dr wii is worst console ever

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to softmod your console to enjoy it.

For the sake of burning Wii games and slapping on tons of ROMs, I dare say yes. It's extremely easy if you follow the steps and have an SD card. It's called convenience. Besides, having a modded console makes it more worth having, like playing my Genesis in component video rather than composite.

Last edited:
For the sake of burning Wii games and slapping on tons of ROMs, I dare say yes. It's extremely easy if you follow the steps and have an SD card. It's called convenience. Besides, having a modded console makes it more worth having, like playing my Genesis in component video rather than composite.

I'm not saying (soft?) modding is bad, but I'm saying Wii shouldn't suck to the point where it's unenjoyable unless you softmod it.

The Wii actually isn't that bad once you stop looking at it like a cynical, unpleasable gamer. I mean, yeah, SMG bored me too, but there are still plenty of good games for the system. And admit it, you liked the idea of motion controls when you heard it too.

Besides, the Wii still has (almost) full backwards compatibility with Gamecube games. (The only stuff that doesn't work iirc is the stuff you need to plug in to the bottom of the Gamecube.) Last I checked, Sony recently removed the ability to play PS2 games on the PS3, and the 360's compatibility with original Xbox games is limited to a specific list of games (which don't all play properly, might I add.)

So no, I don't regret picking out the Wii over the other consoles.

The Wii actually isn't that bad once you stop looking at it like a cynical, unpleasable gamer. I mean, yeah, SMG bored me too, but there are still plenty of good games for the system.
Except none of them interest me (even Galaxy or Brawl) while the PS3 has more enjoyable games for me.

And admit it, you liked the idea of motion controls when you heard it too.
I'm more and more annoyed each time I hear about motion control in gaming.

Besides, the Wii still has (almost) full backwards compatibility with Gamecube games.
The backwards-compatibility is all that I like, and I already own a Gamecube.

The Wii sucking unless you mod it is pretty much like you're changing SRB2's default campaign so it's more enjoyable for you. It's not the same thing as it's marketed as, so how can you call it good because you can make it good?

The Wii actually isn't that bad once you stop looking at it like a cynical, unpleasable gamer. I mean, yeah, SMG bored me too, but there are still plenty of good games for the system.

I'm not disliking the Wii JUST because I disliked it. I used it for two years, and I thought it was okay. But when you get either of the other two consoles in your hands, the Wii is just terrible. Also, what good games? Aside from the games Nintendo themselves make (Which I don't think is as great like other gamers) there's nothing notable. The 3rd party game I enjoyed most was Godzilla Unleashed, which for the most part was panned by critics.

And admit it, you liked the idea of motion controls when you heard it too.
Oh, sure. I can't deny that. I was definitely interested. But that doesn't help the Wii. The concept was nice on paper.

Besides, the Wii still has (almost) full backwards compatibility with Gamecube games. (The only stuff that doesn't work iirc is the stuff you need to plug in to the bottom of the Gamecube.) Last I checked, Sony recently removed the ability to play PS2 games on the PS3, and the 360's compatibility with original Xbox games is limited to a specific list of games (which don't all play properly, might I add.)
Yes, that's good, but it's completely pointless if you already own a Gamecube. And this is just me, but Nintendo made a patch at some point so that you couldn't use Action Replay on your wii for gamecube games. That's bull, it's not like I'm using it in online games like Brawl or MKW.

I can't defend Xbox or PS3 here. Limited backwards compatibility is never good, but if you own the previous gen's console it shouldn't be too much of a bother, I guess. I owned all three consoles of last gen at one point, so if I wanted to play my old games I'd use those (except my broken original xbox...)

Last edited:
I didn't try to get my 360 repaired for free.

My condolences.

Can't say I regret my own 360, the other consoles aren't technically mine, but I manage the things since nobody else can. We have an elite in the living room cause it was cheap on eBay as a media player from the server, and a jtagged arcade in the entertainment room, I have a premium in my room. Do not regret it one bit, easily the best online play of the three.

If you want to include PCs, hell no do I regret buying this beast.

Last edited:
Do not regret it one bit, easily the best online play of the three.
Its a little bit unfair since you pay premium price for your online. PS3 has FREE online and its actually pretty good.

Don't forget PSN+ coming out which is pretty cheap and allows you to own LittleBigPlanet for free(During membership)

Don't forget PSN+ coming out which is pretty cheap and allows you to own LittleBigPlanet for free(During membership)

918011885_nBxvB-L.jpg

PSN+ has already been out for a short time. And the free LBP isn't in every country. In the countries it is free in, it's yours to keep when your membership ends.

also lolwut the comic

Sonnarkku, what's the point of your post? Sure, saying EVERYONE owns a PC is ridiculous but it's impossible to tell from the picture.

Ya´ bitch, let´s visit Venezuela and see if your theory is so true.

los_ranchos_de_caracas.jpg

Now, how many houses with a computer do you see here?

Dunno. You can't see inside them.

And considering you're from Venezuela, is it alright to take a shot in the dark and say at least one?

I've been re-watching the E3 stuff and I just saw the Sonic Colors trailer thatt came out recently, and I have to say, fuck Xbox. DKCR is gonna be an awesome throwback, I could care less for the Wii party crap, and the Mario sports shit, but stuff like Epic Mickey, Sonic Colors, and Skyward Sword just completely take the cake. On top of that, all Xbox and PS3 have to their names this year is the Kinect, the PSMove, and LBP2. I think Wii is gonna blow us away this year.

Its a little bit unfair since you pay premium price for your online. PS3 has FREE online and its actually pretty good.

That's like saying that it's unfair to say that a console is a better gaming experience that a few sticks because you pay for a console.

I have a Wii and a 360.

The Wii had heavy amounts of playtime especially when it was newer, so I don't regret purchasing the Wii; however, it's being a dead weight at this point in time, as little interests me on it anymore and homebrew gets boring after a while. I never particularly cared about the gimmicks such as the Wii Remote and Virtual Console, which lowered the appeal for me quite a bit. I tend to mock how my first Wii overheated on STANDBY MODE and my second one suddenly failed to stop reading discs, but Nintendo's warranty service worked flawlessly on both, so that actually might be a plus...

The 360 was a late purchase and I feel it was entirely pointless. My brother wanted it more than I did, really, and he hasn't touched it any more than I have. Most of the games I want to play on it can be played on my PC just as well (with free online also) and many of the big exclusives on 360 aren't particularly interesting to me. I feel like I should have gotten a PS3 instead - it has the exclusives I have more interest in and it would let me play online occasionally without me having to pay monies for a limited time-frame of "gold" subscription.

A decent low-to-midend gaming desktop PC in my opinion is a much better investment, especially if you don't plan to play splitscreen with your friends anytime soon. You'll need a PC anyways for so many common duties, and it really isn't THAT much more expensive when you don't have to pay for various one-duty peripherals and don't have to pay console taxes (the extra 10 bucks that seem to be added on to console game prices, extravagant online fees, cost of proprietary digital storage) that add up quite a bit over time. There is also the added "benefit" of being able to maintain the PC yourself - instead of your whole console being rendered useless by one design flaw, many of the problems faced with a desktop PC can be fixed either by google or a 50 dollar replacement part.

... wow, I sound like a PC sellout.

Last edited:
Honestly, I guess I was a stupid Nintendo fan boy only because most of -all- of the Sonic games came out on the Nintendo Consoles (Ironic, since SEGA and Nintendo were butting heads to see who were the best, only to have them being like freaking teammates).

Aside from Sonic '06 and the far superior version of Sonic Unleasehd, how many times could you count that there were 360/PS3 exclusives of Sonic games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back