Post your pics/art here!

randomcharactersheets_png_01_by_longcriercat-d49jmzh.png

This is unimportant. Nothing will come of this. I wasted a good hour of my time on these two.

I really like that guy second from the left, Greg. Oughta make something out of that.

Anyway, have a dump of all the things I drew since the last time I bothered posting them here.

I really like that guy second from the left, Greg. Oughta make something out of that.
I myself like that cartoonized lady on the right. Her color scheme is pretty good. I don't think I've seen much of your work in color.
A much studied, mature character? Sure. I've been wanting to throw one out there anyways.

Ah, 2009. Ye were the last time I traditionally coloured anyth-

Oh wait.

There was this never finished blended movie poster. It was being worked on early January of last year. T'was never finished. I intend to go back to it sometime when I get my lazy ass off of forums and decide to get my art and webcomic in check.

---------------------------

randomsketchsubjects_png_01_by_longcriercat-d4a4hd8.png

randomsketchsubjects_png_02_by_longcriercat-d4a5ukd.png

I've been working on more realistic facial anatomy. Ignore the random troll.

Greg : you'll tell me the day you'll stop draw well. How can you have such a beautiful building technique and such a great knowledge of shadows ?

I'll Begin : The character is very well done. The village also looks to me attractive. But ... let's be honest, the mountains are really simple. This is the kind of mountain 100% triangular colored in gray. I agree with you that drawing mountains is not the funniest thing to draw.
I advise you to detail your mountains. For example :
1zf2ced.jpg
... It's done with Paint, I know it's crap. But the technique is this : you must create :
1) Cracks, smaller rocks in a mountain ... a simple gray triangle is not enough.
2) You have to draw some shadows on the sides of the mountain, but also under the rocks that I mentioned in 1).
(Tips from my art teacher.)

@ I'll Begin: I like how you have the shadows trailing in the same direction, as if from the same source. It seems that's something budding artists sometimes forget. That said, is there a fire at the source of the smoke plume? If so, the shadows of nearby objects should radiate out from the point of the fire.

Looking at the character's boots, it's odd that they are apparently on a different tilt of ground than the boot-prints following him / her. They should each be tilted at approximately (or exactly) the same angle.

Last edited:
Greg : you'll tell me the day you'll stop draw well. How can you have such a beautiful building technique and such a great knowledge of shadows ?
I'm not quite sure what you wanted to tell me here. Will I tell you when I stop drawing well? Well, I'd have the misfortune of informing anyone that wants to know. Of course, that wouldn't hold me back from writing, which keeps me doing something I love even after I lose my most precious skill.

I observed the way light shines and reflects over various objects. I studied how shadows appeared after light struck the subject in question. I'll Begin hopefully learned the same way considering his nice use of shadow there. It's always good to observe how a concept works if you wish to use it. As for my building technique, I will study faces and have, at times, pressed my hands into my head to see how my muscles and skin work with the contour of the bones inside. It really helps if you want to learn more realistic characters. As for cartoon characters you can apply simple observations on anatomy and just draw with it and exaggerate the anatomy. Cartoons have built themselves off of the more recognizable elements of Abstract art. That's convenient and allows me to draw my forms a lot more loosely and free handed. I mean, I may draw a circle and find where the eyes will be, but beyond that, everything else comes flowing naturally.

I hope this helped.

I'm super-busy nowadays. So I've decided to make a stream-of-consciousness cartoon that doesn't involve any editing afterwards (except to correct misspellings). Hopefully, the jokes ought to become more natural and spontaneous over time, and I can be a happy, lazy artist.

Anyway, here are some from today and yesterday.

sonic_the_mass_murderer_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cfluz.jpg

freedom_ain__t_so_grand_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cfmvv.jpg

vocabulary_boy_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cfnud.jpg

hideous_back_fat_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cfopr.jpg

argentinoraptor_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cgup2.jpg

what_i_learned_in_kindergarten_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cgvu2.jpg

clownin___around_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cgwk5.jpg

there_can_be_only_one_tad_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cgxds.jpg

illusionosaurus_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4cgyq6.jpg

contemplating_murder_cat_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4chuy9.jpg

bob_is_a_melon_head_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4chvry.jpg

There's also one that I probably can't show here. If you're interested, look in my Wreckless Abandon folder on my DeviantART page.

Last edited:
I'm super-busy nowadays. So I've decided to make a stream-of-consciousness cartoon that doesn't involve any editing afterwards (except to correct misspellings). Hopefully, the jokes ought to become more natural and spontaneous over time, and I can be a happy, lazy artist.

Anyway, here are some from today and yesterday.

There's also one that I probably can't show here. If you're interested, look in my Wreckless Abandon folder on my DeviantART page.

These are pretty good, man. *subscribes*

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back