• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Shinelight

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-star

now Known as Player 1.1
(Pardon me, I meant to hit Preview, not Submit)

My Mod, Sonic Shinelight. There's an Open Air and a Temple to each Zone. To get the Emeralds, you have to have either 10, 20, or 30 rings (depends on Level) and jump through the transparent yellow boxes at the end of each temple (act 2)

http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/761SCRMTF_SS_DEMO1.wad

Current Progress:
Sand City (remaking)
Sand City Temple (remaking)

Sand City: 1/10

The level is way too big, and lacks in design. Also the enemy placement wasn't really good, and the turret was annoying near the checkpoint. You need to start this level again. Also the music doesn't really fit within the level.

Sand City Temple: 1/10

Too cramped, and teleporting mazes are not fun, especially when you just teleports you get the daylights kicked out of you by detons. Not fair nor fun.

I seriously recommend taking time on your levels before even releasing them on here. The levels look like 30 minute jobs from what I can see. An average level take about a good 3 - 4 days to do, or even longer. Just take a bit of time, and it could be better.

I don't think you should be focusing on a mod here, you should work on improving one level, your not ready for a full scale mod, I'm not ready either.

Reveiwing the two levels now.

Sand City: It was just a bunch of enemies, and very few rings, I died a couple times trying to get a ring, and had to restart the level because of the barrier with all the buzzes. It didn't feel like a city in any way either.

Sand City Temple: Pretty unfun, I quit after the 7th room, because that one was a guess or die telport, which I game overed on. The random attacks from monsters were not fun either.

Both these levels, in their current state, have no potential at all and should be scrapped. Put more effort into your levels. Linedef Type 15 fails as well as Labyrinth Woods Zone spin-offs.

Also, putting MusicSlots would be nice.

I can't get this to work. The Car enemy I'm designing for Sand City won't teleport. They have to teleport so they can turn.

Did you use Sector Type 971 instead of Sector Type 974 or 975?

Also, you should probably put slight depression in the ground where that sector is; Sector Type 971 has issues where sometimes the object needs to fall into the sector.

It's not really working.

EDIT:
Pardon the Jpeg Conversion. And I know it's not in the SRB2 palette.
Window.jpg

So, how can I make this texture better?

EDIT2:

http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/548a0.wad

I'm stumped, what else do I need to add to this level?

cause I'd like to keep regular SRB2 levels intact Yes, it is a Single Player Level.

EDIT:: Restarting from scratch, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back