ROM help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I'm not one to download ROMs. Even if I have the game, I still don't download the ROM just because my 14-year-old Sega Genesis is very delicate.

My translated PS1 Tales of Phantasia laughs at your opinions.

Every morality debate needs some Thomas Aquinas!

Boinciel said:
It technically isn't stealing. Theft implies that the person you're taking things from is losing them. With the technology of the Internet, they aren't losing anything.
Privation is only part of theft. Here's what the Angelic Doctor had to say on the matter (ST II-II, 66, 3; emphasis mine):

St. Thomas said:
Three things combine together to constitute theft. The first belongs to theft as being contrary to justice, which gives to each one that which is his, so that it belongs to theft to take possession of what is another's. The second thing belongs to theft as distinct from those sins which are committed against the person, such as murder and adultery, and in this respect it belongs to theft to be about a thing possessed: for if a man takes what is another's not as a possession but as a part (for instance, if he amputates a limb), or as a person connected with him (for instance, if he carry off his daughter or his wife), it is not strictly speaking a case of theft. The third difference is that which completes the nature of theft, and consists in a thing being taken secretly: and in this respect it belongs properly to theft that it consists in "taking another's thing secretly."
And another thing not to neglect is covetousness (ibid. 118, 1):

St. Thomas said:
In whatever things good consists in a due measure, evil must of necessity ensue through excess or deficiency of that measure. Now in all things that are for an end, the good consists in a certain measure: since whatever is directed to an end must needs be commensurate with the end, as, for instance, medicine is commensurate with health, as the Philosopher observes (Polit. i, 6). External goods come under the head of things useful for an end, as stated above (117, 3; I-II, 02, 1). Hence it must needs be that man's good in their respect consists in a certain measure, in other words, that man seeks, according to a certain measure, to have external riches, in so far as they are necessary for him to live in keeping with his condition of life. Wherefore it will be a sin for him to exceed this measure, by wishing to acquire or keep them immoderately.

I don't have any familiarity with the Summa, which I quoted above, BTW, just some facility with a search engine; but I thought the quotations were apt.

Boinciel said:
There are two solutions to your problem. Use Kega Fusion, or do the following in Gens: (Which you're using right now)
Option -> Sega CD SRAM Size -> None
Or, when on the press start screen hit B, go to memory, and hit format ram. That works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back