This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Frostiikin

recovering elseif abuser
Judge
Almost Super Sonic

attachment.php

Thank you so much for this css art drsteph you are a living god

Sonic dropped one of the emeralds while transforming, and now he's unable to revert to his normal form. While this sounds like a good thing at first, it's more of a hindrance then anything else, since he'll slowly tire out due to over-exertion. People also started calling him an ass for some reason.

So, what makes him different from normal old super sonic?

attachment.php
Stat drain
attachment.php

This is by far his biggest change. Instead of consuming rings, Almost Super Sonic's stats (Jump height, Spindash power, Speed, Thok power) slowly get worse over time, turning him into the ultimate speedrun character. Can you beat the level before it becomes impossible? (You can press custom 3 to die instantly if you get softlocked)

attachment.php
Float
attachment.php

By pressing spin with no shield, you're able to float in the air, however, since sonic was unable to use the emeralds' full power, you will slowly fall while floating.

attachment.php
Semi-Invincibility
attachment.php

You can run into enemies to defeat them like normal, and you're incapable of losing rings, but you can still get hit, so you can't just cheese levels by abusing your invincibility to get past beds of spikes or erz's lasers.

attachment.php
Shield usage
attachment.php

Since he's not quite super, Almost Super Sonic is still capable of utilizing the abilities of shields, however, getting hit will still make you loose your shield, so be careful.

attachment.php
Instant Emeralds
attachment.php

Almost Super Sonic doesn't need to complete any special stages to get the true ending, however, he's incapable of using the emeralds to turn super for obvious reasons. (Does not apply to netgames.)

Changelog:

V1.1: Fixed you not dying when your stats hit rock bottom, changed the hudname to A.S.S, and added a hud element that shows you how far your stats have dropped, and added a small easter egg courtesy of Man553.

Credits:
SMS Alfredo#7974
Most of the coding for this little idea I had. Truly wouldn't have been possible without him.
Bloobs#6535
Code that gives you all the emeralds as soon as you spawn in singleplayer
Frostiikin#9107
Ideas and edited sprites
MotorRoach#7636
Base game's incredible super sonic sprites that were used for the majority of A.S.S.'s frames.
DrStephen#6695
Incredible css art that he just gave me out of the blue, it's SO much better then what I originally created for this lmao

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20205.gif
    srb20205.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 5,415
  • srb20206.gif
    srb20206.gif
    532.5 KB · Views: 7,476
  • ass.png
    ass.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 68,526
  • Almost_SSonic.png
    Almost_SSonic.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 92,530
  • VCL_ASS-v1.1.pk3
    246.8 KB · Views: 17,858
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool idea! I just wish that this mod had it''s own sprites instead of just reusing the existing sprites.

By the way, I released a little update last night. check changelog for info.

so I have a little idea about energy: let's make every 10 rings, A.S.S. get some energy back, how it sounds?

so I have a little idea about energy: let's make every 10 rings, A.S.S. get some energy back, how it sounds?
The problem with that is that if I added a way to regain energy, i'd need to make the stat drain far more dramatic then it currently is to balance it out. Maybe someday, but it'd need a ton of rebalancing.

The problem with that is that if I added a way to regain energy, i'd need to make the stat drain far more dramatic then it currently is to balance it out. Maybe someday, but it'd need a ton of rebalancing.

take your time for that
right now the character it's ok

If anything were to give back energy, I'd rather it be emerald tokens. There's much less of them, so there's a bit less need to rebalance the energy drain, and it gives them a purpose again after being made somewhat useless by the player starting with all the emeralds.

and added a small easter egg

is this the easter egg? https://imgur.com/2fd5cWs
(i used BetterAllSuper lua, and ASS can go Hyper unlike Vanilla Sonic)

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

in addition, I came up with another idea for the energy: custom action 1 or 2 to get some energy back (costs rings, good use because you can't lose them when you get hit)

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

in addition, I came up with another idea for the energy: custom action 1 or 2 to get some energy back (costs rings, good use because you can't lose them when you get hit)

Yup, it is. Though, it's intended for pandora's box, but i mean allsuper works too lmao. And as i've said before, i'd seriously need some rebalancing if i wanted any sort of stat regaining, the best suggestion i've seen so far is using emerald tokens to replenish stats since those aren't everywhere and wouldn't need too much rebalancing.

Yup, it is. Though, it's intended for pandora's box, but i mean allsuper works too lmao. And as i've said before, i'd seriously need some rebalancing if i wanted any sort of stat regaining, the best suggestion i've seen so far is using emerald tokens to replenish stats since those aren't everywhere and wouldn't need too much rebalancing.

ok, got it

Well that is right and i use the pandoras box and super.lua

if anything, this mod is REALLY fun for a challenge and spices up the game quite a bit too, you did a great job here overall!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back