Suggestions

How about Port Opening software in SRB2? Many P2P networking programs use Port Opening software to open ports. Port Opening software forces the ports open. The ports are only open when you are using the program and close when you close the program. We could have a toggle switch to toggle the software off an on.

Demon Knux said:
Only maps and certain types of SOC "modify" SRB2.
*waits to be slashed*
But then you'd be able to add in overpowered characters (eg. SMS) to make the game easier, and you'd still unlock things.

No, it would modify if it has anything other than Graphics, Music(Does this already), tags(S_START, S_END, etc.), or SOCs that only change what sprites to use.

Kaysakado said:
No, it would modify if it has anything other than Graphics, Music(Does this already), tags(S_START, S_END, etc.), or SOCs that only change what sprites to use.
Ah, yes. That stuff.

Put some warnings in the manual about editing srb2.srb and those other files.

Uh... There should be some criteria for S_Skins that don't modify the game. And guys, it should be some actions that should be banned in SOCs. Ex: A_Fireshot, A_Ringexplode, A_CustomPower etc.

Also, the help command should direct you to the wiki/forum in some way.

An option/button which customizes the chatbox configuration (I'm quite tired of squinting to read the text). Perhaps you can have an option for the chatbox to be in the lower-right corner of the screen, using the intermission font - sorta like how some MMOs do it.

on Edge said:
Uh... There should be some criteria for S_Skins that don't modify the game. And guys, it should be some actions that should be banned in SOCs. Ex: A_Fireshot, A_Ringexplode, A_CustomPower etc.
No, please, they can be useful for making new enemies or bosses, and I was planning to use A_CustomPower to recreate somewhat the electric shield from S3K in a little mode (of course the white shield is gone there). In any case, ban some actions for some specific objects, like the player.

Talking about SOCs, most actions require the use of properties like ReactionTime, PainChance and such, and if you have two actions using them, simply it won't work. Make more use of Var1 and Var2, please.

Also allow the SonicCD mode to be an extra property for the levels, so it doesn't have to be enabled with "soniccd on". I don't think it can hurt for gameplay, it just replaces flickies with flowers.

Remove the 16-color limit for skins, I don't see any reason about why you have it. To allow SuperSonic to spin the black color was removed in order to allow for proper yellow. I would want that color back again.

Remove the extra lives from the Ultimate mode :P All rings and monitors are removed except for extra lives - that's somewhat odd.

If there's a level that was secret in the original SRB2 game and then gets replaced with a user map, make that level not secret, as it isn't anymore the original one. Probably you'd want to require a new gamedata (you know, MAINCFG) to allow that to work.

Characters should have an S_SKIN flag for "Height" and "Radius" along with "SpinHeight" and "SpinRadius" and maybe any others that might be needed, only cause Vector is tall but his collision is all wrong.

Better shield spawning!

Like SRB2JTE, how they sorta just go form a tiny dot to normal size shield? Like that, it looks allot better.

Another thing, better menu. Try like a pause menu looking thing, like in SRB2 Riders, just with content.

Cheese said:
How 'bout an unlockable that lets you play the old CEZ, the levels from the Christmas demo, and the levels from SRB2 Ween.
The closest you'll get to that right now is SCR_SRB2Christmas1094.wad, but it would be a nice addition so I wouldn't wind up updating the wad to 1.1 whenever it's finished.

I'd like a better way to be able to set the functions of the Deaf and Multiplayer flag functions with SocEdit. Some functions I'm thinking of are the Jetty's ability to stay in one spot, and the player spawn's ability to spawn from the ceiling.

Manable Turrets. It's be like combining a sludge sector with a scenery object and rapid ring with some extra programming to tie it all together.

Srb2 needs more character differentiation. Everyone feels like a sprite replacement for Sonic with slight handling adjustments.

Blue Warrior said:
Boinciel said:
Kaysakado said:
There are what, 2 extra lives in the game? And don't say there'll be more in 1.1, because then there'll be more levels as well. AKA, I'ma gonna have to disagree.
There are certainly a lot more extra lives than that. Have you even looked for them? There's at least one in each level (sans boss levels), more with time bonuses. Tails can get most of them in Ultimate.

Don't forget that there are about two to four hundred rings in every level, so it's very possible to complete the game with ten lives in Very Hard mode.
Er, we're talking about Ultimate mode. In Ultimate there are no rings at all. And hey, I didn't think in time bonuses before... Fool me!

Single player suggestion only (dunno if can be applied, through it's matter of just saving the states of the items), allow a mod to have an alternate mode of entering Special Stages, so that when you take the token you're directly taken into them the same way as the big rings in S3K. In multiplayer the old system is used as normal.

Allow for multiple admins, and as such, an UNADMIN command. UNADMIN by itself makes all admins be unadminified, and if you specify a node or name afetr it, it only unadminifies that person.

Scripting, like so:
Code:
OnJoin // OnJoin by itself means if anyone joins... 
SAY Hello, %S.
// %S will be used to mean the node of the joiner.
End OnJoin

OnJoin(<IP>) // OnJoin with an IP specified means that if that IP joins...
VERIFY %S
End OnJoin

OnLeave(<IP>|<IP2>) // OnLeave works like OnJoin, and that pipe in the middle means "OR."
SAY Yay, the n00b left!
End OnLeave
There would also be OnVerify.

Oh and, a way to allow more than one flag of the same color in CTF games. This should be accomplishable by setting the angle to be the number of the flag (similar to zoom tube waypoints), since most flags are A0/B0/etc., it wont cause a problem. Problems to be solved: player's can only hold one flag at a time unless changed in the CTF options in the menu; differently numbered flags should be distinguishable between eachother in some way (such as a little number in the corner of the graphic or something to mark it with); if players have more than one flag, it should either turn into some sort of multiple flag (two flags on one pole, max 3 or something) or the player has to wait for the sound of the first flag's successful capture to end.

This allows for totally new CTF possibilities no one has ever encountered before!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back