SRB2 v2.2.8 Patch Release

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by SeventhSentinel on 10-04-2020 11:49 PM.

Hello everybody! Another update is here.

When we released v2.2.7, we accidentally broke the -file command line parameter — loading Lua scripts that added netvars via the -file parameter would lead to desyncs. This mostly impacted players on dedicated servers. The issue has been rectified.

We also broke PNG graphics in the OpenGL renderer, causing some mods to instantly crash in OpenGL. This has also been fixed.

Android users will be happy to hear we fixed the issue with the server browser. You should be able to join netgames as normal again.

This patch also has some other minor fixes, which you can read about on the full changelog.

Windows users: since v2.2.7 was so short-lived, we have made sure the new patch will work with both v2.2.6 and v2.2.7, just in case you missed our last patch. Remember, you can use the links to the zip files containing the game files if you don’t want to use the installers or if you experience problems with them. They’re in the fine print right under the links to the installers.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to improve our favorite game. Zip over to the usual place to get the new patch.

View on SRB2.org

Ah yes, i wake up from my dream, and here it is, v2.2.8, simply wonderful.

For future versions. That there is the option to activate the 3D models when the game uses the Software renderer (a la Quake/GZDoom).

Проблема с созданием сервера в патче 2.2.8

So there was a patch released in 2.2.8 that it allegedly had problems with the servers, but when 2.2.8 came out I ran into the problem of creating a Dedicated Server in SRB. The problem is that the server is not listed on the site (and is not displayed in the game list). I report that the room is 33, for example, and it seems like it says in the console that the server is registered but then it crashes. An interesting fact is that I use 2 computers. 1 - as a client (play), 2 - as a server (Host). And when I create a server on the first computer, the Master Server in SRB redirects it to the second server. (Second computer). It turns out that the players can see the server that is on the second computer, I must first go into the game and set the type of room. And I just can’t run the game directly on the second computer, since it’s a server and only enough resources for this (It’s also not just Windows, but Windows Server.) In any case, the same thing happens on the first computer. When I create a server via the command line (I do it with a .bat extension. It's more convenient) your server keeps crashing. Is there anything you can do about it? Perhaps you need help. Everything was fine before. I left the computer overnight and the players had no problems with the server disappearing from the list.
By Google Translate(Im Russia)

If you are hosting two servers and the computers are in your house, change the port on one of them. You could run your second server on port 5030 with this command: srb2kart.exe -port 5030. Port 5029 is the default port by the way.

I've always noticed that with each 2.2 patch, if it's an odd number, it quickly gets patched to an even version and then stops for a while before releasing another odd version.

I've always noticed that with each 2.2 patch, if it's an odd number, it quickly gets patched to an even version and then stops for a while before releasing another odd version.
At this point it's useless to download the odd number versions

Umm...

Hello! I'm kind of new at this, soo i won't plan on talking too much, but i wanted to report a bug:

Upon starting SRB2 should you go into multiplayer and then go back to the start page, if you go into the addons and attempt to activate one, it simply won't do anything, for better thought out people that have no problem with doing addons first, this is likely not problematic, but for me, and likley others, this would quickly become extremely annoying.

Have a good day!

Ps. I can't seem to connect to the master server?

If you are hosting two servers and the computers are in your house, change the port on one of them. You could run your second server on port 5030 with this command: srb2kart.exe -port 5030. Port 5029 is the default port by the way.

What does it have to do with regular SRB2? You should've replace srb2kart with srb2...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back