Let's Talk About the SRB2 Android Port!

kaz²

Hard conversations bring people together ^w^
Nitpicks, Criticisms, and literatelly everything you can think about the SRB2Android port!

The touch analog stick is extremely insensitive.
If I pull the analog stick to the very edge, no matter the sensitivity setting, Sonic just moves a tiny bit, which corresponds to if you moved the analog stick on a controller just a tiny bit.

I don't have a phone, so i can't have an exact opinion about Android port, But i can say, that would be an better Port, I have seen a lot of errors with OpenGL, and with errors with the controls, you can't see anything because the buttons and blah blah, so i can maybe say that the Android Port is kinda bad, i should play it to experience if it's THAT bad.

To everyone not liking the control scheme of android and lack of custom buttons...
get a controller :)

I primarily play on android as it was the only way I could play it on the TV with friends. I play it on the Nvidia shield with a controller. It's awesome.

My only complaints is that I wish the performance was better, and wishing it would detect my gamepad instead of always requiring a keyboard to reassign what controller to use. Able to run smoothly enough in software mode at 800x450 res. It performs better in openGL but then you lose alot of neat little details in the levels.

So hopefully maybe a future update can further improve performace at higher res. Whether software or openGL. And having it properly detect the gamepad I used to even launch the game.

Play on Android with controller you're funny. How I'm supposed to plug my controller and held both controller and phone ?

Anyways Android port have lot of flaws because you just cannot port a computer game on phone without losing playability. That the port noone want even some server owner don't like Android version because of performance(nothing new about phone are worse than computer and the game already lag on some computer).

I never played the android port but for an on-the-go version, it looks good enough. The graphics and button interface kinda look ugly tho. And if you're complaining about "oh the controls are too sensitive oh I hate playing with my fingers". First of all, get bluetooth and put you're phone in a table or something, it's not that hard. And if you think the controls are too sensitive, just configurate it on settings. So yeah the port looks pretty good. But tbh if you want the best possible portable srb2, go for the switch port (no offense towards the devs of the android port of course lmao).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back