What is everyone working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have been working on a lot of things, here is to name a few of them:

Chaos Domain
Metal Knockout (character WAD)
Project Hyper Duels

There is some more, but it's late and I don't want to type them all right now x.x'

At the moment, I'm working on this:
2vjycds.jpg

5otmy1.jpg

2q0u102.jpg
It's called Temple Traversion, it's gonna be for single player, and it will be my first ever released SP level.

Here is some other random stuff:
2dnl7c.jpg

2iub5uq.jpg

30hpwz6.jpg

2rqdj48.jpg
The first 3 screenshots are levels based of classic Sonic stages, the 4th one is completely custom in terms of textures (except for the sky).

<Temple Traversion pictures>

I'm really liking the visuals. It looks nice and the themes (from what I see) are fit together well.

I'm currently working on:
  • Water Works Zone's second Act, that I'll probably never finish any time soon
  • Forest Fortress Zone's second Act, which is even more unlikely to be finished
  • A level pack for Super Mario Bros. X.

Last edited:
Mostly slowly chipping away at Sonic Frontiers(link to script), though I am planning on making Cave Story maps for MM8BDM. No custom weapons though(however, submission of a Curly's Underwear inventory item would be nice :3).

I'm working on a couple things.

1.) I'm helping with SRB2Heroes
2.) Working on VirtTheFox.wad
3.) I'm making a Sonic Fanfic (No fancharacters, though!)
4.) Writing a Manga using Human formes of various Japanese Myths (Kitsune, etc.)

Nothing really, but I guess you could say I'm helping a friend with some vidya game he's making.

I'm working on a 2d level pack, planned to have lots of levels, and some custom music. It'll be my first ever SP level pack/level ever released.

Speaking of thw wiki, someone REALLY needs to make a Nights tutorial. An accurate one. Up to date. I know at least one person know something.

I´m breaking my fingers down trying to get the notes right for a guitar song I´ll be playing in a friend´s reunion.

Hey, I don't know shit about NiGHTS, or I would have done it already :<

...summons Fawfulfan...

I do know plenty about NiGHTS, if that's why you summoned me. As I'm sure you've guessed, it adds an additional element of complexity to level design. You can easily get the hang of it if you're competent at level design in general, but it makes a lot of the process quite different.

The track itself is all about calculating radii, distances, and position in the mare, recorded in the flags value of the Axes and Axis Transfers/Transfer Lines. For things like Bumpers and Loops, you have to adjust not only height but Pitch and Yaw, and it's typically done by combining flag values.

The beauty of using SRB2 Doom Builder for NiGHTS is that if you set the program to outline Things, it outlines the entire NiGHTS track for you as circles and lines. Actually, NiGHTS is slightly harder to do in 2.0.X than in 1.09.4, because none of the most recent SRB2DB configs are programmed to outline Axis Transfer Lines (hint hint, Neo Chaotikal!). But it still outlines Axes, so it's only a minor irritation.

Anyone who wants to know more about NiGHTS can either go to the Wiki or open up an existing track to see how it was done. I recommend both, as it's hard to visualize the whole process with either one individually.

...Anyway, here's what I've been working on recently:

*Tortured Planet 6.0.
*Fan Fiction
*Math practice for college next fall. (Actually, I just came back from Student Orientation yesterday, and I had a blast.)

Dimensional, for the most part. Mainly the following:

• Twilight City 1
  • Darkvile Castle 1 & 2
  • Mad Gadget 1
  • Sky Garden (Unrelated level).

Outside of Dimensional, I've been toying with mapping on the Source engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back