Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2cymrdj.jpg

Yay, reactions by the classic fans.
[23:07] <SpiritCrusher> How would Autosaver EVER think that this could be a classic Sonic fan?

Seriously, this guy doesn't even mention the classics, he likes Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic 06, he calls Sonic 06 "the fresh one" and his spelling and attitude (lolviolenceismature) indicate that he wasn't even alive when the classic games came out. What were you thinking when calling this guy a classic Sonic fan? (Unless it was an unfunny joke that didn't even imply that it was a joke)

They look so pretty! Sega can't stop amazing me with their talents. :P
Edit: Boost confirmed

Last edited:
Edit: Boost confirmed
Eh, I'm not quite so sure. The "boost guage" they mentioned could just as easily an energy gauge for the colour powers. I mean, having the Cyan Laser and the Boost in the same game seems kind of redundant when they're fairly similar things.

I still wouldn't be surprised if the boost made an appearance, but I'd rather wait for a gameplay clip to be sure.

Last edited:
I actually quite like the name. 8P Maybe because I think that Sonic was better when it was intended for the younger audience.
I really can't say anything because no gameplay's revealed yet, but I'm looking to the bright side of this. The style reminds me a bit of "Sonic Shuffle" and it sounds like it could be Unleashed with no wearhog and the cartoony colorful worlds of the old games.
I know I'll probably be alone in this 'cause every sonic fan evar can't find a way to look forward to a sonic game (Sonic 4) but I'm hoping that this will be a good turning point for SEGA.
I do think that they should give Sonic a rest for AT LEASTE a year and if it's brought back, maybe instead of adding a whole bunch of new characters, bring back some old scrapped ones. i.e. Fang, Mighty, Ray, Bean, Bark, Honey... Those peepz.
I'd love if SEGA started paying attention to some of their old titles too instead of Sonic. Would LOVE a new "Space Channel 5" or "Jet Set Radio". Project DIVA 2nd looks promising though.
But yeah~ I'm starting to get my trust back in SEGA. I hope you guys start looking to the bright side for once too~

Please DO NOT bring back scrapped characters. We already have enough.

Interestingly, the DS version is a totally different game then the Wii version. Taking Sonic Rush style stages.
Edit: Nintendo Power said - No gimmicks confirmed.
It also says "Sonic Rebirth" on the cover.
NP256_Cover.png

Edit: Whoops! Missed SpiritCrusher's post!

Seriously, this guy doesn't even mention the classics, he likes Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic 06, he calls Sonic 06 "the fresh one" and his spelling and attitude (lolviolenceismature) indicate that he wasn't even alive when the classic games came out. What were you thinking when calling this guy a classic Sonic fan? (Unless it was an unfunny joke that didn't even imply that it was a joke)
I might of read it wrong, but it looks like he was a classic fan. And then started to think that the series was going to get more mature. Starting with Shadow.

Unless I totally misread that and Shadow The Hedgehog was his favorite game or something. I always misread things, so it isn't uncommon. Just ask anyone.

I'll just cover my butt by saying it was a joke? >_<

Last edited:
Isn't Sonic supposed to be incredibly cartoony and childish? I mean, we've seen what happens when Sonic tries to get "mature", and clearly, that doesn't work. About this game, I dunno what to think. The fact that it's coming out so soon worries me, though. Sega delaying Sonic 4 was the smartest thing they've done in 10 years, so I kind of wish they'd spend more time on EVERYTHING they do to make sure it's good.

Isn't Sonic supposed to be incredibly cartoony and childish? I mean, we've seen what happens when Sonic tries to get "mature", and clearly, that doesn't work.

Well, not so much the "incredibly," but yeah. Colors just kind of seems more so than usual.

The Sonic side of Sega sure likes pumping out those completetely inadequate trailers.
Yeah, I'm pretty sick of that. Or, more appropriately, I'm not directly sick of that as much as I am of the fact that the announcement of a Sonic game inherently has to have a topic with at least fifty pages of shit to sift through before actual gameplay trailers arrive. I'm less bothered by it this time around, though, since it isn't really being advertised as "Sonic's next BIG game". Maybe that'll keep the fanbase bearable to be around.

The concept sounds interesting; I'd like to see where the developers go with it. It doesn't sound like they're attempting some drastic fanservice this time around, which makes me comfortable.

Last edited:
Am I the only one thinking Sonic's super form will be Rainbow Sonic?
ColorSonic.gif

I'm usually strongly against Hyper Sonic, but this is the one place I'd accept his presence. Or hell, even if he's not specifically named Hyper Sonic and is more or less a reference to it, I'd hit it.

Yes, people are already saying its a SMG rip off. How?
Mostly over the concept of travelling across multiple planets as opposed to skipping across zones. Naturally though, it's too early to draw similarities larger than that. I don't think the comparison holds much weight at this stage, but we'll see what crops up when more footage is revealed..

So, most of those little wisp things are pretty ugly in my opinion, except for the little angry one with two eyes. That one is adorable. Kinda reminds me of Azelf from Pokemon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum.

This wont be bad for being released on Wii and DS in winter of 2010. Now if it was on xbox and ps3 and they were releasing it in the winter of 2010 then there might be a problem.

...............Honestly? I read the wiki page of this and I lol'd

This sounds like a SMG rip off and...I just don't know at the moment, the name sounds kinda weird too. To be honest, I think it's a bit early making so many Sonic games at once, heck they have Sonic 4 at the moment and I'm more interested in that, and if the front cover says that it's Sonic's solo adventure, then why's Tails in the trailer? unless he's *yet again* got the supporter role.

I need to find out more about this game before I can say the rest of my opinion about this upcoming game.

Isn't Sonic supposed to be incredibly cartoony and childish? I mean, we've seen what happens when Sonic tries to get "mature", and clearly, that doesn't work. About this game, I dunno what to think. The fact that it's coming out so soon worries me, though. Sega delaying Sonic 4 was the smartest thing they've done in 10 years, so I kind of wish they'd spend more time on EVERYTHING they do to make sure it's good.

Umm...no? Sonic in the Adventure and Heroes days, THAT's Sonic. Not mature, not childish, just teenage. Sonic as cartoony fails as shown in the latest Sonic games. It makes him a Mario and Mickey Mouse combination. It ticks me off to see Sonic like someone you should take as EXAMPLE. No freaking way. He's not your friendly neighbourhood hedgehog who will buy you an Ice Cream.

Sonic as trying to be all kewl and amazing fails too, definitly because Griffith can't pull off that kind of Sonic. And it makes sense, since that's not Sonic either. SEGA exaggerated it too much lately WHEN they tried.

Sonic being "mature" like in Next Gen fails too. Because he loses all the personality he has. You can't tell it's Sonic.

Sonic done like they did in the Sonic Adventure series, and Heroes.(Besides the last line..heh....) That was done right. SEGA clearly showed they can still do it as well, in Sonic and The Black Knight. I don't care for the arguments about "bad game", because that's unrelated. It's how Sonic acts in that one. His personality is done right for once. Relaxed, carefree, makes corny jokes about people around him, doesn't exaggerate his lines, and he doesn't act like he's superfriendly "always smiling". He doesn't act like he's Mario for once. Ever since that Olympic Game thing he's been acting like he can be alongside Mario even in a comparable way when it comes to personality. Mario and Sonic can't be loved in the same sense, because they're that much different. SEGA's screwing up his personality, and I dislike how Sonic's already starting off happy-cheery from the start rather than just a bit hyper. Gives the impression they're trying hard to make him suited for 3 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back