SRB2Wii development thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PS3's custom OS feature doesn't let you at the console's true hardware at all, and considering the fact that it runs everything like mud, I wouldn't waste time trying to do SRB2PS3.

I'm well aware of the restrictions provided by the PS3's hypervisor. The thing is, I'm confident in SRB2's ability to run on absolutely anything, and also this can be a good read, it's about progress made for workarounds to the hypervisor (it's a bit technical for people who aren't like that) http://wiki.ps2dev.org/ps3:rsx

The cross-compiling I was doing on my laptop was too much of a chore, so I just decided to compile everything on my Wii. If you guys actually want some evidence of stuff actually getting done, here is some screenshots of me compiling Mesa3D on my Wii:

The first link is actually me getting surprised by my sister with the camera, so ignore it...>_>

k, but how does it load, because I'm guessing not by the Homebrew Channel, because it was abruptly disabled in the last System Menu Update (Damn Nintendo getting up to do something about hacking.......*grumble*)

Connor said:
k, but how does it load, because I'm guessing not by the Homebrew Channel, because it was abruptly disabled in the last System Menu Update (Damn Nintendo getting up to do something about hacking.......*grumble*)

It uses the Homebrew Channel to load. You can use the new Bannerbomb exploit to install the Homebrew Channel from the SD card on all firmware versions.

^Uh...lol?

SRB2Wii looks awkward with the menus missing. And I'm wondering if the levels will run full speed.

(Is that an Ipod shuffle laying by your wii in those screenshots?)

Autosaver said:
^Uh...lol?

SRB2Wii looks awkward with the menus missing. And I'm wondering if the levels will run full speed.

(Is that an Ipod shuffle laying by your wii in those screenshots?)

SRB2's Software renderer has problems with PowerPC, due to it being big-endian, and x86, ARM and some others I can't think of are little-endian. The problems are now being resolved in SRB2 2.0. At this stage I have no idea how fast the levels will go, but I will try to optimise it as much as I can for the best speed.

(No. It's a 4GB USB stick that I've been using to copy stuff onto the Wii.)

Temporarily taken down SRB2 Linux packages to prepare for SRB2 2.0's release. They will be rebuilt, and I will have a Debian/Ubuntu APT and Fedora 10/11 RPM repository available for SRB2 2.0, x86 and PowerPC.

I need Help with something

When I try to Play SRB2Wii I get a blank screen that is black. Someone please help with the two things I have here.

1.where do I put the srb2 files
2.what version of srb2 will work for this

callum I recomend the most to help me

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back