SRB2:TBE b2.08 (here we go again...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callum

Yes, a new release of my crappy mod. It's still in shambles, but not as much shambles, and your able to complete it without warping! But, since levels are STILL missing, you can complete the game without emeralds and some of the unlockables are still screwed entirely because of that reason. -_-

Anyway, here we go, Botanic Serenity style!

----

LOGO.png

Welcome to Sonic Robo Blast 2: The Legend of the Black Chaos.

Sonic Robo Blast 2: The Legend of the Black Chaos 「ソニック・ロボ・ブラースト・2:黒エメラルドの伝説 "Sonikku Robo Buraasuto Tsu: Kuro Emerarudo no Densetsu"」 (or SRB2:TBE or just TBE for short) is a large-scale modification of Sonic Robo Blast 2, currently spearheaded by Callum. TBE contains 74 maps, half of which are the normal single player quest, another half being archived versions of older levels, plot fillers, and multiplayer stages.

SRB2:TBE contains seven main zones of gameplay, a "Hidden Shrine" in Act 2 of each stage which will open a secret area in each respected act which will lead them to an emerald zone to get a special stage token, leading them to finally a special stage to battle for the emerald. After the normal seven zones of gameplay, there is secret zones for each character when they have collected all the chaos emeralds on normal or higher, and the stories of each character tie in with each other at the end of the game.SRB2:TBE also boasts some new and catchy custom music, kept at the highest quality and lowest file size as possible for optimum file size.

---

Sonic Robo Blast 2: The Legend of the Black Chaos
Version: b2.08
Download: http://gcfreak.sepwich.com/downloads/shcr_srb2tbe.7z
Size: 14MB

You need 7-Zip or an archiver that can open 7-Zip files to extract the contents in the compressed files here.

EDIT: Oh yeah, before I forget, read the manual. It contains important information on what to do when playing netgames.

SRB2:TBE Website
GCFreak Forums - SRB2:TBE Support Forum
#TAKIS - SRB2:TBE Support Channel

Um....
404 Not Found said:
Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/shcr_srb2tbe.7z was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Vash said:
Um....
404 Not Found said:
Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/shcr_srb2tbe.7z was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Oh my god, what's the point of posting it when it's not uploaded? XD Uploading now...

Just wait until the file is done uploading, Ash. (O_o' I sound like I'm talking to myself.)

[offtopic]No. EDIT: It's just that Ash is close to Vash, but without the V.
EDIT AGAIN: Oh, monkey... I'm late.[/offtopic]

We're still waiting for the file to finish the upload...

Well, I played it for 3 levels. And here's what I have to say.

*Remove the 2d levels, especially in boss fights. The camera is too horrible.
*The loopholes you put in the first level is annoying( You have to go to the end to actually get to a spring to get to the finish).
*Boss after boss...? Even if it's unfinished, the boss should be canned until you get the acts done.

No offense, but this makes me want to Play super Mario Bros 2( USA) again.

Okay. I played through the first three levels, and here's what I got.
Level layout, bland, uninteresting, and in some parts just plain confusing or useless. Texturing job/alignments? Awful. I know it's tedious, but it has to be done in order to look right. Overall, a bit below average. There's not much to say about this.

Okay, so I got to the second boss, and I tried beating it. It's set up in such a way that it's not really a challenge; more of an inconvenience and annoyance, and giving him more hits just added onto that. Oh and the poison water aspect to it allows him to bounce in the water, and become stuck there, making it totally impossible to beat him if ends up falling.

The emerald altar thing was cool though... having a cutscene during a level. I've never seen that used before! One problem: the dialog is written in such a way that it would seem it came out of a children's book. The grammar usage needs work, such as punctuation and the like. Furthermore, I feel it'd be easier to read (and more fun in my opinion) if you put it in playwright form. For example:

Sonic: OMFG LYK WOWZERZ EMRLD PLATFORM 8!!11!!1/11
Tails: no wai lyk omg
Knuckles: guyz eggman said u took th master emerald wer is it tell me NOW

But then, all of my excitement ends as the level comes to a finish. Way to totally ruin the point of the climax...

The Egg Factory boss was boring, and there were random explosions. Needless to say that there's almost absolutely nothing to say about this level.

Tip: Try to turn off the crosshair when snapshotting for cutscenes.

Oh, how pleasant! It appears Icy Everest has just been thrown into the pack for no reason relevant to the story (whatever it is)! Cool! Then we get another random boss, and then Volcanic furnace which is actually fun to play (redwall in Act 1, on the entrance to the pool of lava (other side of it)). But then another random boss...

Now we reach Firey Peak... a short intermission level which is highly unneeded. Then, guess what? ANOTHER BOSS LEVEL! Yay!
-Gotta love the cutscenes-
There was a random completely blackened level in the middle of it though...

Okay, so now we've got Utopian Chasm, one of the first released stages to actually have a time limit (aside from special stages). It's a great level, don't wanna spoil it, but hint hint, it's better than Prismatic Angel! But... There's one thing that I really hate. It's difficult for Sonic players, but if you're Tails, you can skip almost the entire area! The middle platform's teleport (the one as you go up after completing the others) should have the teleport sound removed... but alas. Even though this level is awesome and long (and possibly the best one in the pack (well, actually... it is.)), the time limit goal is impossible for Sonic players to complete. Tails/Knuckles? No problem. But for Sonic... it's like GIVE UP HOPE NOW. Also, the platform FOFs need to be intangible from bottom for spring-wise reasons.

-More awesome cutscenes-

Then we get this awesome Super Sonic only level. Problem for Tails/Knux users... but yeah, it's cooler than that final level in Mystic Realm.

It ends; bonus points for using the Ice Capped remix thing, and you're rewarded with some very cool Special Stages.

Overall: Okay, not great. A little bit above average. You would have done much better if you redid the boss levels and the first three! At any rate, this is a great change of pace in Co-op netgames if you're sick and tired of playing Mystic Realm over and over and over again.

Good job. Keep it up!

By the way, I hope this is enough constructive criticism for you.

Finally, some criticism. That's what I want. :)

After playing this in a netgame a couple of times, I've noticed some small glitches...ah well, it will be fixed in a later version...and Icy Everest 1 was originally in TBE...I just released it on its own because it had a problem... Oh yeah, I can finish Utopian Chasm with Sonic. In around 9 minutes. :P

And Ash, go play with Tails and Knuckles. :P

I recall giving critisism for icey everest. It seems you missed it, or completly ignored me, as Icey everest still has the same bugs, glitches, and cruel water hazards. Go look over the recent post in your level topic, not going to repeat it, 'though I have a screenshot below.

-> Beach - annoyingly, any alternate route was hidden, and in the end longer to wander through. thokked through the most of it.

-> random level boss - Yeah, boss level without any actual level behind it. to top it off, the water level's depth is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too deep. Any depth over 128 deep for harmful water blocks isn't fun or hard, it's just cruel. Keep it at 64. Eggman also asks this.

-> Emerald alter - Last I remember, from any sonic game ever, the emerald alter is usually in a form of ruins. Didja think 'hidden palace' was a cheap sega pun? Anyhow, mysterious 8th alter for no apperant reason, along with no master emerald. To top it off, the pedistals themself are square, too tall, and the emeralds sit on them, rather than float. Huzzah.

-> Random boss - Yet another. Again, water is too deep, not to mention questionable. It's sewage, thus needing an entrance and exit point, as well as an actual meaning to the room. All I see is a block., filled with more blocks.

-> Icey everest - as before, huge, slippery, annoying... and again, harmful waters are too damn deep. To top that off, some deathpits are... alot shallower than they should be - death pit floors shouldn't actually be VISABLE. Also, broken tiles. I suppose that all used to be a death pit at a point. Finally, the ice paths at various points are way too narrow. and they curve to invisable points, in which I fall to my death.

-> cutscene, random teleport... meh, whatever. - Mentions sonic alone, while I was playing tails. Thus the evasion of cutscenes - you have to mention all of the above, all the time.

-> Volcano - joy. lava. It starts out too big and empty, then up a cliff, and to the left I see a long cramped path. moving on... OOOOOH JOY!! lava. Guess what? it's depth is OVER NINE-THOUSAAAAND. (Couldn't help myself). That annoyed the crap out of me, I'm just glad I landed on a spring when I fell in. what the hell is obsessing you to make these pits so deep? also, in wandering, I spin-dashed into a wall, and found myself stuck. I'm not about to restart the game right away, but I suppose I'll have to to continue. Bleh.

Please, for the love of god, fix some things. Now. NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back