• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Magma Circuit Pack

Good idea?

• Good idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current project is the Magma Pack, although we are not going to work on it for a long time (maybe never). But here it is if you would like it.

Download for current project:
R_MagmaPack.wad

Download for previous project:
R_MagmaElementalPack.wad

Screen shots (Magma Pack only):

Magma Circuit Zone (made by Magma).

Magma Castle Zone (made by Cheese).

Good, but it is a little wide, needs monitors, and needs more gimmicks, like springs and raising lava rooms.

Yes, the courtyard. You can totally ditch the track there. >_> Make you run slower on the grass, so people won't cheat at least. A crusher room?

Wha' kinda scenery? I've got some flowers. Do you mean torches and that kinda stuff? I can add those types of things. Thanks for offering, though. If you see anything you think I should add, though, tell me. My next idea was to replace the corner rings with monitors. What do you think about that? Any other ideas for monitor placement?

Edit: Crusher room? What does the word "Race" mean to you? Slow down and wait for the crusher to proceed upward before continuing?
Anyways, I'll probably change that courtyard area. My first idea was a winding path with walls all around it. I'll ponder this....

Cheese said:
Edit: It's time to get more screenshots!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMmkay. Screenies coming soon.

EDIT: Cheese, please note:
srb20033.png

This is what happens when you have an upper texture on a wall that doesn't need it. The bridge only needs Front (And sometimes Back) Below textures. You can even see some unwanted Upper textures left over in that horrible lava-moat screenie in the first post.

(Reviewed from Cheese's last link.)

This looks great! My only problem is the probability of a thok-fest...

BlueZero4 said:

Thok-fest? Well my friends can't thok through it without falling in lava so they think it's pretty hard.

BlueZero4 said:

Hey, you know how hard it is to make a Circuit map without a possibility of a thok-fest? The only real ways to avoid thok-fests that I know of is to a) prevent jumping (Which I've thought about...), or b) Have so many places to mistime a jump-thok it becomes impractical (See the official Circuit map Fertile Canyon. Try having a thok-fest there XD). As far as I can tell, I'm trying to pull off (b), but it's pretty hard. If you wanted, you could, on your servers, forcechar knuckles. Just a thought.

No, no, don't get me wrong, I am a dedicated thokker myself. It's just that races get a little boring when it turns into a thok-fest. If you could make places where you see another stretch of the track more often, that would be cool. Knuckles and Tails could fly over while Sonic takes the long route.

BlueZero4 said:
No, no, don't get me wrong, I am a dedicated thokker myself. It's just that races get a little boring when it turns into a thok-fest. If you could make places where you see another stretch of the track more often, that would be cool. Knuckles and Tails could fly over while Sonic takes the long route.

I'm pretty sure Knux can't make it over. Oh, and don't try to spindash or run over the lava. I've tried. I'd think that having Tails shortcuts would be useless because nobody uses Tails in race anyways. Even if you did advertise "HEYLOOKLOLTAILSWINSEVERYTIME" people wouldn't want to change. Knux shortcuts could work, though. Is it possible to have two different routes with checkpoints, but...well, have two checkpoints in different places with the same flag value?

As for your last question, I think its possible.

And I actually have made a map where tails cuts 20 secs off a lap. So yeah, "T@175VV1N53V3RYT1M3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back