• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Error with making nodes in Doom Builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callum

OK, I am encountering Node Building problems in Doom Builder. It says that it can't build the nodes when it should, and it comes out in SRB2 as "Level has no sectors" when it has 126 of them. There are no errors in the Map Error checks. Is it because all the linedefs are double sided (Except for a couple of control sectors) When the Thok Barrier is not installed yet? (I will not draw it until this problem has been resolved.)

The Double sided linedef thing has happened to me only on this map, and no, I haven't had a shot at a Thok barrier on it yet.

I experience no lag at all with this map, when it was working, And it is very important that I make this map work because it is Volcanic Furnace Zone 2 in SRB2: TBE.

Before, it did this aswell, but I switched between different SRB2Builders to resolve it. But now it just doesn't work.

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong, and how to resolve it?

Thanks in Advance!

GCFreak

Did you make some new sectors by editing the front or back sides of some linedefs? Or, did you make each individual sector manually? (Make a shape by putting linedefs together)
I get errors like that when I make new sectors by changing the sector for the front/back side of the linedef.
Wait, do you understand me? I even sound confusing for myself.

!!! said:
Did you make some new sectors by editing the front or back sides of some linedefs? Or, did you make each individual sector manually? (Make a shape by putting linedefs together)
I get errors like that when I make new sectors by changing the sector for the front/back side of the linedef.
Wait, do you understand me? I even sound confusing for myself.

I understand completely. I made the new sectors by hand, I didn't edit any linedefs.

I just want to know, where are your control sectors located? Are they outside the main map? Or are they in the map? Each control sector has their own "impassible" linedefs. It's like there own world themselves. When viewed from the map, they stand out because they're lonely jsut standing there all by themselves.
Ex:

dflkdjflkjds
flkjdlfkjsdlkjf
dslkfjldskfjk
dkfjldskfj
dslkfjdslkfj
dlkfjdslkj
ldskfjsdlkj
dlsfjlkdsj
ldskfjlksdj
dlsfkjsdlkj
dlfkjsdlfkjdslkfjsdklfjsdklj
sldkfjlsdkjflkdsjflkjsdkl
dlkjfsdlkjfldsjfkl
sdlkfjlsdjfk

v

The v is the control sector. The group of letters is the main map (main course). I put all my control sectors out of where the main course is (own place). I don't even know if this could cure the problem.

ADD: What did you do that caused this problem? Have you been saving regularly? What did you do between the time when you last saved without any problems to the time when you saved and got the problem? (Retrace your steps, if you could)

!!! said:
I just want to know, where are your control sectors located? Are they outside the main map? Or are they in the map? Each control sector has their own "impassible" linedefs. It's like there own world themselves. When viewed from the map, they stand out because they're lonely jsut standing there all by themselves.
Ex:

dflkdjflkjds
flkjdlfkjsdlkjf
dslkfjldskfjk
dkfjldskfj
dslkfjdslkfj
dlkfjdslkj
ldskfjsdlkj
dlsfjlkdsj
ldskfjlksdj
dlsfkjsdlkj
dlfkjsdlfkjdslkfjsdklfjsdklj
sldkfjlsdkjflkdsjflkjsdkl
dlkjfsdlkjfldsjfkl
sdlkfjlsdjfk

v

The v is the control sector. The group of letters is the main map (main course). I put all my control sectors out of where the main course is (own place). I don't even know if this could cure the problem.

ADD: What did you do that caused this problem? Have you been saving regularly? What did you do between the time when you last saved without any problems to the time when you saved and got the problem? (Retrace your steps, if you could)

The control sectors are standalone, yes. They are outside the map, as they should. I have been saving regularly. I only got this problem when I just finished the map. I got this problem permanently when I finished the map (Which I have) I just need to place the Thok Barrier. Here is a a overview of the map (Yes I am a link you twits!).

Yeah, it's small I know, but it will get bigger as it progresses, and yes, the sectors circled in blue are the control sectors.

*Double Post*

Well it turns out that Doom Builder reverted to some other node builder setting of Zennode which didn't work, but when I corrected it, all is well now! Thank you for trying to help, !!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back