Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
The readme said:
Bugs/Problems
---------------------------------
1) the Screen refresh is slow
2) all other crap

XD

I bet I may be able to get a full, working ISO of this soon. Although, also for you newbies out there, will require BitTorrent (MUAHAHAHA...ha).

This is gonna rock once I get it up and running on a disc...

One question - when burning, where do the WADs go? Or are they included, inside those BIN files, and I just can't tell?

Shadow Hog said:
One question - when burning, where do the WADs go? Or are they included?

OOPS.
Looks like someone forgot about wads! You'll need to make some homebrew software so that you can execute an srb2 CD with WAD files on another CD (not including srb2.srb, that goes in with the srb2 CD). If you can do something like that, your GODLY.

Well, no, I meant SRB2.SRB, MUSIC.DTA and the like, actually. They're WADs too, just with some VERY weird names.

THe wads can go on the cd with the binary, hell, by my guess, they can be in a subfolder(s), but don't bet on it

I'll try this out tomorrow at my friend's house.. he currently has my boot disk and shiz.
Edit: How do you burn this thing, exactly? o.o

I'll write a guide once Alam fixes the program. Apparently it's his fault :P.

Anywho, thanks for referring me to dchomebrew.org, Shuffs. If you hadn't, you would've all been using a really antiquated method XD.

Digiku said:
I'll write a guide once Alam fixes the program. Apparently it's his fault :P.

Anywho, thanks for referring me to dchomebrew.org, Shuffs. If you hadn't, you would've all been using a really antiquated method XD.
That wasn't me! :D

I still don't know how to burn it, if it was anything but a bin file, I would. <_<

http://digiku.x3dom.net/srb2dc_1.jpg
http://digiku.x3dom.net/srb2dc_2.jpg

It works, folks! Though, note:
A. My Dreamcast Controller can't seem to nail the controls right. Joystick doesn't work, and d-pad sometimes wonks out.
B. Sound doesn't work
C. No saving is involved

The rest is pretty cool, though. If you have a DC Keyboard, it works wonders here!

Edit: Guide's here. http://digiku.x3dom.net/srb2dc_burn.html
I'm not going to try to make it easier to understand, though that's that. If anyone wants to write a simpler version, be my guest.

What's that? You somehow put SRB2 in a Sonic & Knuckles cartridge attached to a Sonic 3?! :eek: I want!

So, I wonder if you can force the game to run Mystic Realm instead... Sure, without saving it'd be a bit more awkward, but you can still TRY. All you need to do is make your own custom SRB2.SRB, which has the Mystic Realm levels in them too. Or "addfile mysticrealm.wad", but that doesn't work too well without a keyboard and all.

Somebody should mention this to DC Homebrew themselves, BTW. They're into this kinda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back