Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Radicalicious

eternal swagularity
In this .zip file you will get four mods, which change the player names based on the name of the wad file, for example, Fang becomes Nack, Tails becomes Miles, etc.

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 2,006
  • srb20001.jpg
    srb20001.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,741
  • srb20002.jpg
    srb20002.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,737
  • srb20003.jpg
    srb20003.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,572
  • srb20004.jpg
    srb20004.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,696
  • srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 1,435
  • srb20006.jpg
    srb20006.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 1,195
  • V_AlternatePlayerNames-v4.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
Im glad you made a wad that fixed this absolutely HORRIBLE oversight. Now I can play srb2 in its ultimate form!

(in case you dont know, this is a joke comment.)

Minor nitpick: The sound test still refers to his boss theme as "VS Fang the Sniper."

Otherwise, this is going straight into my always-on folder since I prefer the name Nack.

Four-toes-jerboa.jpg

One of these funky animals, they're hopping rodents with long tails that they used to help them balance while jumping, which explains a lot of Fang's design. The character designer for Fang confirmed he was designed as a Jerboa but the sales department insisted he would be a jerboa/wolf, and Sega of America just decided he'd be called a weasel.

That's your secret Sonic lore for the day.

I like thinking of the "weasel" part of his American name referring to his sleazy personality and nature sort of like how "sniper" doesn't refer to his species name either. I also liked how the comics tried to reconcile both names similar to Robotnik/Eggman in the games.

On topic, something like having an input button code to unlock the names Nack and Miles (like in Sonic 2) would be a pretty neat easter egg in vanilla.

And K.T.E could be "Knux", as i'm pretty sure in one of the classic games, that's what showed up. That and Sonic isn't S.T.H, and I just don't really like K.T.E. Initials don't work for names.
*Also, unrelated but apparently Mania and CD just has the life icon and the number of lives, no names show up on the life icon.*

Last edited:
NACK IS BACK BAYBEEE AHHH YEAH

...jokes aside, a pretty cool albeit simple mod, if I do say. I always liked that Sonic 2 let you choose to have him called his real name of Miles or his nickname (and more famous name) of Tails, and it's cool to see that idea extended to Fang and Amy here.

And K.T.E could be "Knux", as i'm pretty sure in one of the classic games, that's what showed up. That and Sonic isn't S.T.H, and I just don't really like K.T.E. Initials don't work for names.
*Also, unrelated but apparently Mania and CD just has the life icon and the number of lives, no names show up on the life icon.*

Alright, i'll see about doing that in a future update.

Is there any chance we could get an alternate optional zip file with individual wads for each character? Would be convenient for if you only wanted one or a few of the name changes but not all.

In the words of Dead Line, "this is what you need". I wish this was a command, though. I like "Miles", but I want to be able to switch to Tails from time to time without rebooting the game.

Last edited:
How do you hide the player name in-game and change the small life numbers to the big ones (like the ones that display how much time you have/rings collected, etc.) like in Sonic CD?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back