The World Ends With You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Square Enix has been in the making of a new game for the DS titled "The World Ends With You" in the U.S. and European versions and "It's a Wonderful World" in the Japanese version.

It looks like a good game for the DS based on all of the ratings and videos I have seen of it. It is supposed to be released in the U.S. this month. I believe it has already been released in Japan and Europe.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg <---I like this cover for some reason.

The soundtrack is also epic.

This power yet unknowned...

Trying to make the theme song all hardcore with it's corny rap song.

There is a contest in Deviantart for this if you didn't know.

I have heard from a friend who played it that this is the best turn-based RPG battle engine to ever exist.

I wonder how true that actually is. I generally trust his opinions, but he's known KH fanboy, of which this game has a similar art style.

It looks very interesting, a new type of game...
The only gripe I've heard is the way you control the characters: One will be controlled via touch screen, and the other will be controlled on the top screen via D-Pad, simultaneously.
From gameplay videos, it doesn't look too terrible, and also, seeing as it's a JRPG (of which the genre's been beaten with a large stick a few too many times), I think it'll be a refreshment from what we're used to.

And on a side note, It takes place in Japan's youth culture center, Shibuya. Even the clothes designs in-game are a bit exaggerated, those are the types of clothes that you'll see young pople wearing while walking the streets of Shibuya.

From gameplay videos I have seen, Neku yells out things from
"What the hell?!"
"Lame"
and other various things toward the enemies/monsters he fights in battle. I found this a little amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back