Resource icon

[Open Assets] Fighter's Colors (New Packs: Chroma Key and Gumball)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Since the Submission Guidelines now only allow for one Custom Colors topic per author, I made the decision to modularize and rebrand Fighter's Miscellaneous Colors to simply Fighter's Colors, as I began coming up with more ideas that fit better into their own dedicated packs rather than thrown together into a massive grab-bag. Download what you want, omit what you don't... Or go ham and download all of them! I won't judge.

Miscellaneous Colors:
When SRB2 v2.2.5 dropped and I saw that you could now use custom skin colors, I decided to try my hand at making some skin colors of my own. This pack contains some miscellaneous colors I made when experimenting that don't quite fit into any other packs in this collection.

List of colors:

• Eyesore - A joke skin color that screams "Graphic design is my passion!"
    srb20018.gifsrb20008.gif
  • Chameleon (Blue-Purple) - An attempt at replicating a blue-purple color-shifting "chameleon" paintjob.
    srb20019.gifsrb20009.gif
  • Virtual Boy - The color palette of the ultimate classic system, now as a skin color!
    srb20020.gifsrb20010.gif
  • Wechnia - Based off of the Knuckles' Chaotix glitch character of the same name.
    srb20027.gifsrb20021.gif
    srb20011.gifsrb20012.gif
  • Inferno - A red skin color with inverted lighting.
    srb20022.gifsrb20013.gif
  • Toxic - A green skin color with inverted lighting.
    srb20023.gifsrb20014.gif
  • Abyss - A blue skin color with inverted lighting.
    srb20024.gifsrb20015.gif
  • Sunrise - An aesthetically pleasing skincolor reminiscent of a sunrise.
    srb20036.gifsrb20028.gif
  • Sunset - Sunrise, but inverted.
    srb20037.gifsrb20029.gif

Animated Colors:
During my initial experiments in creating custom skincolors, I tried my hand at creating some animated colors using LUA, which I already had some experience with elsewhere but had never used in SRB2. While I am quite proud of these, I would advise against using them until the memory leak issue with animated skincolors is fixed. You have been warned.

List of colors:

• Dark Prism (Animated) - A hue-shifting skin color with inverted lighting.
    srb20025.gifsrb20016.gif
  • LOL Random (Animated) - This skin color's palette randomizes itself every 15 frames. If you want it to go faster than that, do it yourself. I don't want to be responsible for any seizures.
    srb20026.gifsrb20017.gif

Chroma Key Colors:
A set of six skincolors I created for memes film-making or otherwise editing.

List of colors:

• Greenscreen - Very, very green. The gold standard for chroma-keying.
    srb20038.gifsrb20030.gif
  • Bluescreen - Somehow even bluer than usual.
    srb20039.gifsrb20031.gif
  • Redscreen - Watch out, this hedgehog is literally glowing red with anger.
    srb20040.gifsrb20032.gif
  • Magentascreen - So that's where all the magenta ink went!
    srb20041.gifsrb20033.gif
  • Yellowscreen - I didn't know they made Sonic-shaped lightbulbs...
    srb20042.gifsrb20034.gif
  • Cyanscreen - Radioactive toothpaste!
    srb20043.gifsrb20035.gif

Gumball Colors:
Another experiment I did to see if I could achieve a toon-like shiny look. I think it worked pretty well on the sprites, though on models it tends to look more like a popsicle than anything. Annnnnnd now I'm hungry.

List of colors:

• Gumball Blue - Blueberry and Blue Raspberry are tied for my favorite flavor!
    srb20044.gifsrb20045.gif
  • Gumball Orange - Citrus-y!
    srb20046.gifsrb20047.gif
  • Gumball Red - Not a huge fan of cherry, personally, but you do you!
    srb20048.gifsrb20049.gif
  • Gumball Rosy - Can't go wrong with standard bubblegum!
    srb20050.gifsrb20051.gif
  • Gumball Lavender - Grape!
    srb20052.gifsrb20053.gif
  • Gumball Emerald - Green Apple is my second favorite flavor!
    srb20054.gifsrb20055.gif
  • Gumball Yellow - Sour!
    srb20056.gifsrb20057.gif
  • Gumball Cyan - Minty!
    srb20058.gifsrb20059.gif

DOWNLOADS:

Miscellaneous Colors V2:

Animated Colors V2:

Chroma Key Colors V1:

Gumball Colors V1:

Past Versions:

CHANGE LOG:
  • Version 1: Initial Release
  • Version 2: Added the colors Sunrise and Sunset, fixed incorrect invshades, and provided an alternate version without the animated skins, if desired.
  • Version 3: Modularized and changed name to Fighter's Colors, added Chroma Key and Gumball color packs.

Last edited:
Since the Submission Guidelines now only allow for one Custom Colors topic per author, I made the decision to modularize and rebrand Fighter's Miscellaneous Colors to simply Fighter's Colors for Version 3, as I already began coming up with more ideas that fit better into their own dedicated packs rather than thrown together into a massive grab-bag. Download what you want, omit what you don't... Or go ham and download all of them! I won't judge.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back