Changing goal of Special Stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
Is it possible to create alternate Special Stage maps that have a different goal than collecting X rings in Y seconds? For example, could one beat a level within a certain amount of time, or beat a boss to get the Emerald? If so, how would one do that?

For example, could one beat a level within a certain amount of time
Use Countdown = <value> in Level header.

or beat a boss to get the Emerald?
Depends on the way you want: for instance, it's possible to make "boss defeat" trigger a linedef executor that opens a door or does another in-level execution. I don't know how, but I know the 1st boss of The Emerald Isles does something similar.

I think I didn't type clearly enough. I want to know if it's possible to complete a Special Stage by entering an Exit Sector instead of collecting a number of Rings.
---
So all I have to do is insert an Exit Sector into a level, use a WAD to replace a Special Stage with it, and I'll acquire the Emerald when I touch the Exit Sector?
---
Wait a minute. Did someone just delete Sky's post?

Sky deleted his own post. I dunno if you can do exactly what you're intending, but a trivial way to accomplish it in the abstract is to make the ring requirement 1, and just put the single ring at the end of the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back